We ended our trip to Chicago by staying at the Heritage Inn. We had looked at the reviews on Tripadvisor prior to leaving town and thought this would be a good place to stay since it was half way home. I called the morning of our stay to make a reservation. Gentleman on the phone was pleasant and stated that they were 100% smoke free and asked several times if we smoked. Each time I told him no.
Upon check in we were given a long list of rules! Once again were asked if we smoked. There were also signs everywhere reminding you of the rules. The lobby area of the hotel was very nice with what looked to be new furniture. The niceness ended there!
When we walked into our room we noticed first off the strong smoke smell. The room was dated but I would not have cared as long as it was clean. All around the edge of the room was a layer of dirt and dust. The furniture did not look as if it had been moved and vacuumed behind in years. When I pulled down the comforter there were cigarette burns in the comforter and blanket. When one of our children sat down on the end of the bed it made a terrible creaking noise. I knew we probably would not be getting a good nights rest. The television appeared to be old and not in very good working order. The room only had two sets of towels in the bathroom and mold on the wall above the shower.
We were given two free coupons at a local restaurant for breakfast. The food and service were great!
We would not stay here again. I typically enjoy staying in hotels that are not part of a chain. Stayed in a great one in Custer, SD a couple of years ago! If you do stay ask to see your room prior to paying. I wished we had then we could have gotten one that did not have a strong smoke smell. We did check in later (about 9pm) and then headed to MCDonalds to grab something to eat. When we returned the front desk was closed and you were provided a phone to call for assistance. At that point we thought forget it and just go to bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% SMOKE-FREE hotel. Newest hotel at I-80 Amana Exit # 225. Indoor Heated POOL & Hydrotherapy Spa. Hotel has an ELEVATOR. Free Wi-Fi. STARBUCKS, one of the leading Coffee purveyors in the world is served in all our rooms. 5 Minutes drive from great shopping at the famous Tanger Outlet Mall. We are at the Main Amana Colonies Exit# 225 and also only a 25 minute drive from Kalona, the Largest Amish / Mennonite Settlement West of the Mississippi river. Stay with us and visit both the Amana Colonies & Kalona. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel Williamsburg
- Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel And Suites
- Heritage Hotel Amana Colonies
- Amana Colonies Iowa Lodging
- Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites Williamsburg, Iowa