“We did not eat the breakfast simply because we don't like...”

Days Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed August 13, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Priyank P, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2015

Reviewed August 11, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 7, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 4, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I am a truck driver and had stayed at this motel about a year ago, and it was okay. This stay was one of the worst hotel experiences I have had, and I stay out about a 100 times a year. After getting to my room I closed the door and there was about 12 dead cockroaches behind it. I used the bathroom and one came walking across the floor. I got up during the night and there was two more crawling around in there. I had trouble sleeping thinking about the roaches possibly getting in my luggage other bags. In the morning in the hall by the ice machine there was a couple more crawling around and several dead ones people had stepped on during the night. Like I said I am a truck driver and we can only drive a certain amount of time each day and mine was up or I would not have stayed after finding the dead roaches behind the door.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Priyank P, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2015

We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your Expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your Stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had planned my travel schedule so I could be checking into my room in time to watch the entire Brickyard 400 on TV. I arrived around Noon local time and first tried to check in at the Motel 6 at the first interstate exit. I was told that it would be two hours before a room would be ready. I called the Days Inn and was told that they had rooms available immediately. The lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. She was just printing up information on area attractions for two other guests when I arrived. Check in was very quick and I was in my room when they dropped the Green Flag for the race. The clerk was also understanding after I managed to lock myself out of my room. The motel was clean and comfortable and they provided a solid cable package from which to choose. Initially, I was not able to log onto their wifi signal, but that was remedied with a call to the front desk to ask the clerk to reset the router. There was a small fridge in the room, but no microwave. My total bill came to around $64, which I didn't think was too bad, considering the rates being offered at other properties in the area. There is a fantastic Chinese restaurant (A 8 Restaurant?) downtown that is worth checking out if you're craving egg rolls. This motel is far from top-of-the-line, but it was a good value for the price I paid.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Days Inn, Williamsburg, IA . Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I came upon this hotel as a result of an auto accident Iwas involved in a few miles west. After the accident the Iowa state police drove to another hotel in the area. Although the place was very nice, it was far to expensive for me. I shopped around and found this hotel. They offered a fair price and even offered a weekly rate if my stay was to be extended. The only problem I had was getting to the hotel since my truck was totaled in the accident. The desk clerk stepped up to the plate and actually came to the hotel where I was staying and picked me up and drove me to the Days Inn. Now thats service!! The exceptional treement didnt stop there. The whole staff went way above and beyond to make me feel at home. The manager gave me a ride to my truck so that I could retrive a few essentials and get this, ON HER OWN TIME!!!. Also when I finally made all the necessary arrangements to get home the last hurdle was getting to a nearby airport to pick up a rental car. Low and behold the staff came through again when the night desk clerk arranged a ride for me to the airport. What an awesome act of kindness to do that for me. The hotel itself was clean and all the ammenities that I took advantage of were great. You kind of expect that in a hotel stay but, what sets this location way above the others is the staff and their commitment to overwelmingly awesome customer service. THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD!!!

Room Tip: Dont judge a book by its cover