“Major need of rehab”

Days Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel was right off the highway and was the only selection off this exit. It was run down and in desperate need for an update. The staff was unfriendly, room access was strange, the parking lot driveway needs replaced, I had trouble getting into my room due to a bent door jam, and there is easy access to the rooms from the outside due to a external door with no security or lock. Only stayed because it was close to my sales call - will drive to a nicer place for my next visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Renea M, Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

We appreciate you choosing our hotel out of the three choices you were given. We are currently in the process of renovating. The issue concerning our staff has been resolved. We also have other security installed, our exterior walls were add on to better accomodate our guests and staff. We would like to invite you to choose our hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

During our coast-to-coast trip we stayed in numerous motels. Days Inn Williamsburg was the cheapest. And you do get what you pay for.... The place is worn-out and sad.

The location is good for being close to the Outlet mall and Amana colonies.

Rooms are small and old but not dirty. One towel was so worn-out that when touched the hand went through. People uspstairs were up all night and I could hear everything.

Breakfast was a joke: the waffle machine was not functioning properly so we ended up eating dough. And were not the first ones to complain. Juice machine was broken and the juice flooded all over the place (this happend to two customers and finally a client tried to fix it). The receptionist seemed very tired and had children in the backroom.

I wouldn't stay there again if I had the choice. But as said, it was cheap.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs to avoid noise from the room above.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Priyank P, General Manager at Days Inn Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2015

We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your Expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your Stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Throughout my 17 years of working for the company I work for, I've stayed in tons and tons of hotels all throughout Wisconsin and Iowa. This has to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The nightmare began at check-in. The lady who works at the front desk's apperance looked terrible, and totally unprofessional. Her hair was all messed up, she was dirty, sleepy, and looked like she was either drunk or on drugs. At check-in, I walked in and there were little kids walking around the lobby (probably her children) and there were dogs behind the front desk that smelled horrible. When I told her that I had made my reservation online, she said that the computer couldn't find it. (This was also the case last time I stayed. The hotel reservations don't work through the internet. Online reservations won't work!) When I finally made a new reservation, (my money was never taken away from the online one because, again, it just doesn't work), I went up to my room that was supposed to have a microwave and refrigerator inside. Did it? Of course not! I went downstairs to the lady and told her the situation. She lazily walked over to another room and dug out a microwave and a refrigerator. She told me she'd carry the microwave over to my room, and that I should take the refrigerator. After I told her that I wasn't taking anything, she just told me that I could stay in the room that the microwave and refrigerator were in. I then told her to bring me the hotel card to enter my new room. She told me she'd be right back, and guess what? She never returned. I went to the lobby to find her talking on the phone, laughing, and having a conversation with someone. I asked her about my card and she told me she had put it aside. Once the hassle of getting my room was finally over, I went on my laptop to connect to the "free Wi-Fi". You guessed it. There was no free Wi-Fi. I went over to the telephone so I could complain, but the telephone wire was cut. I didn't even bother after that. I also wanted to go to the pool (as advertised), but the pool wasn't open. (Last time I came, it wasn't open either). Also, when I went to go shower, the water was not a clear color. It had a sort of yellow-ish color to it. When I finally checked out at around 8:00AM, I went over to the front desk so I could return my card. Since no one was there, I rang the bell on the front desk. No answer. I rang it again. Still no answer. I kept ranging it until finally, the lady, with her hair all over the place, looking like a zombie, came over. She didn't apologize. She hardly said anything. I returned the card and ran out of there as fast as my legs would let me.I will never stay here again, and unless you want to go through what I did, I suggest you don't either.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank kbjb123

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover. In this case, we should have hightailed it outta there after pulling up and seeing the worn and weathered exterior. The outside, surprisingly, was in better shape than the inside. It's dirty and old… the kind of place where you don't want to walk barefoot and you definitely don't want to touch the comforter.

Our room had broken outlet covers and broken shower tiles. The water in the shower and toilet were a weird color. Each unit has it's own air conditioner unit. Ours was dripping water constantly.

There's an indoor pool that we didn't get to try and a complimentary continental breakfast that was nothing special. The place is two levels with no elevator, so if you stay here hopefully you won't have any heavy luggage to haul up the stairs.

It's right off I-80, which was convenient since we only stopped for a night while driving through the state.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Clint B

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Glad i read the newest reviews. Nothing wrong or gross about this hotel. Front desk were very helpful, free WI-FI, kids got to cool down in the pool, and free breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Days Inn, Williamsburg, IA . Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We had an extended stay at this days inn and we were quite impressed , nice large clean rooms, new managment and they are doinga wondeful job... the staff was there to answer any questions and provided us with whatever we needed, kids loved the pool and free breakfast ... whatever bad reviews were given in the past it is certainly not like that at all and well worth the stay .....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kelly E

Reviewed March 3, 2012

The best in the state for the rooms and and for service nice rooms and can't ask for better place room for big trucks and front desk found the a new place when in lowa

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank dawnsdad

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Ramada Williamsburg
#1 of 1 in Homestead
Crest Country Inn
Crest Country Inn
#2 of 8 in Williamsburg

Been to Days Inn Williamsburg? Share your experiences!