“It was ok”

Cuisines: Diner
Missouri
“It was ok”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Your average run of the mill fast food place, it does not have burger king with it anymore it has Godfather's pizza which is very good.

Chicago, Illinois
“It's been awhile”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I haven't had a Maid-Rite Sandwich in years and when staying at the Clarion Hotel across the parking lot, I decided to walk over and get a sandwich. Clean place. Nice decor. Pleasant staff. Food was great. Just the same as I remember. Delicious. Frys were crispy and their attention to detail was appreciated. Good place to stop.

Visited November 2012
Quincy, Illinois
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The facility was clean and reasonable rates, good menu, the restrooms were clean and well kept. I recommend this facillity for all, especially families

Visited September 2012
Newton, Iowa
“Glad I didn't right this after the first visit”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I travel back and forth from Newton, Iowa to Davenport, Iowa to visit family 3 times a month and we stopped at this Maid-Rite several months ago and loved it. It just so happened that the owner was working the register and I complimented him with how clean and friendly his restaurant was and that we would be back because you just can't find this kind of service anymore....We had stopped seveal times since and have noticed a decline in service (never saw the owner again after the first visit). The last straw was just yesterday when my wife and I decided to give them one more try. When we arrived and we were walking up to the door we noticed the staff seemed to be having a smoking party out back and when we went in we found a line of 2 couples waiting at the register to order so we waited and waited (approx. 4 mins). When the lady and the others decided to come back in they brought the smoke in with them...(didn't see any of them wash thier hands, hope they did). My wife and I finally ordered 2 maid-rite baskets and she got cheese to dip her fries in and I had to ask her for our cups when she stated I thought you wanted water (Baskets includes drinks) and I said no we ordered baskets and she looked at me and said, "I guess". When the food arrived it was ok but I guess my wife got a bonus because she had cheese on her maid-rite and the cheese sause was yellow water....we gave up and ate and ran out and I would doubt we stop back again...I am hoping the owner will read this and fix the issues because it was a good place to eat...To sum it up...EAT AT YOUR OWN RIST!!

• Visited September 2012
“Strange "burger"”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

It is not a burger, but a burger bun with all the trimmings, filled with ground beef that has been browned in small pieces. It is difficult to eat as the meat falls out all over the table. My husband commented that he was given spoons and didn't know why!! We figured it out after our first bite. Tasted good if you could keep the meat on the sandwich.

Visited July 2012