“Smoke Comes Into Non- Smoking Rooms”

Cozy House & Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Williamsburg
Nashville, Tennessee
“Smoke Comes Into Non- Smoking Rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here several days in November and we were pretty happy with it. Nice indoor/outdoor pool for the kids. Basic rooms but comfortable lobby, where we spent some time working since wifi didn't work in the guest rooms. I'd give it 3.5 rating based on that stay.

Stayed here by myself this trip and I'd have to drop my rating to 2.5-3. Room is, again, basic and clean. My problem with this visit was that, while I was in a non-smoking room, from the second I stepped into the hall until I went back to my room or stepped outside, the smell of smoke was overpowering -- including in the lobby where breakfast is served. The second night there even seemed to be some leaking into my non-smoking room.

Its bad enough that I skipped the free breakfast here in the second morning and paid for breakfast at The Landmark down the street.

Thought I had found my go-to hotel here, but I'll try a different one next time I'm in the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dalton, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

It appears this is part of a super 8. I checked in at 10:30 and the woman at the front desk was crabby and very rude. She left me standing at the counter while she went to check in a guest on the super 8 side. The room was outdated with a countertop in the bathroom peeling up. The place needs some remodeling and new staff. Id sleep in my car before I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014

Travelers are raving about these Williamsburg hotels

Ackley, Iowa, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had trouble locating this hotel because it it was a Super 8, NOT A BEST WESTERN, NO SIGN. Had to call them after driving by a few times. Since they weren't a BW the would NOT give me my Rewards points.This made me angery!! Said they changed 3 weeks prior. I should have been notified so I could have changed my reservation to another BW Hotel. It's not like everyone involved here dosen't have my e-mail address. I always make BW my 1st. choise and stay with you if possible .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Lloyd S
Woodstock, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Heading west on I-80, we were tryingt to decide whether to stop in Iowa City, go on to Des Moines, or seek someplace in between. We stopped at the Best Wester Cozy House & Suites on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews, which were, as usualy, helpful in making our choice. The rooms are clean, attractively furnished, and out two queen room was larger than we expected. The sheets did appear to have been washed a few hundred times, as they were pretty thin, but not quite threadbare. The continental breakfast was pretty standard. Oatmeal was the only option for vegans, but it was homemakde, not instant. The total price of just over $108 seems too high for the quality and location of the property. The night desk clerk couldn't figure out how to look up our Best Western rewards number and suggested asking someone on days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Janesville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We needed a convenient location for the night on our way west. Did not have time for the pool, etc. Quiet Sleeping and good quick breakfast early. The lobby is comfortable and weather information is easily available for travelers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for an entire week for business. The room was clean, staff was very friendly but I think this place could use some upgrades! The pool was being worked on so it was closed, and it seemed like I was the only one there most of the time. Once again, it could use some upgrades and/or remodeling but it was clean and quiet.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JPAWaukesha
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Easy to make a reservation by calling the hotel directly. Hard to get ahold of hotel 5 days prior to reservation to change to a room with double beds. Called 4 times in 1 day never got the hotel, so I called Best Western directly. NO help there. Finally get hotel to be told that they are sold out, have to use roll away. Ooook.
Arrival and check in great. Hotel room is great, snug putting roll away in middle of room.
Next day - breakfast is typical continental breakfast. Food fast before leaving for all day hunt.
Arrive back at hotel at 5:30 pm to about 15 teenagers running, jumping AND screaming throughout the hotel upstairs.
Go directly to desk staff. They call upstairs to room to quiet down. Not 5 minutes later directly over my bed the teenagers are jumping and running. Back to front desk - "i will tell the manager."
15 minutes went by then the teenagers are back to running, jumping and dropping stuff on floor above my bed.
I went up the stairs to find the teenagers running down the halls, running from room to room and JUMPING on the furniture and tubs. I screamed at those standing in the hall then went back down to front desk.
Did I mention that the trailer trash parents were sitting in the lobby this entire time??
I told the front desk about my adventure and asked them to call the Police.
I was told that the "manager" had gone upstairs and talked with them about this mess.
Go back my room to constant noise from above for 20 minutes. Went BACK to the front desk and demanded she go upstairs with me. She refused, went and got the manager. Manager tells me that "my apartment is in back and can not hear any of the noises you are complaining about!"
I demand she go upstairs with me. We go up to find 2 teens running room to room and trash thrown in the hallway. Parent sees us in the hall and runs to 1 of the rooms. Manager tells me " all I hear is people walking around."
She walks back downstairs to the desk then asks me what I EXPECT her to do about this mess of a situation?
I told her that I didn't care if the Police or Swat team showed up but she had better do something about it because she sure didn't give a crap about my stay. She walked away from me at that point got on the phone.
It is currently 9:00 pm and I am still having to listen to the "walking."
Called ALL hotels near by in Williamsburg to be told they are sold out.
I made the mistake of coming BACK to this hotel. Had the same exact problem last year! Changed rooms this year thinking that last was a fluke. Desk clerk just told me that these are the SAME ignorant people from last year.
My family does NOT recommend this hotel. They (management) REFUSE to take care of customer concerns nor do they contact outside help for resolution.
Contacting lawyer to find out what can be done to resolve my situation.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank N2Travel1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites
Zuber's Homestead Hotel
Zuber's Homestead Hotel
#1 of 1 in Homestead
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coralville

Been to Cozy House & Suites? Share your experiences!