“It worked”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Williams
Asheville, North Carolina, Usa
“It worked”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

It's your average low-end, clean-enough place to stay (not what I used to think of as Best Western quality), but many things these days are not what they used to be. The "breakfast" left a lot to be desired, but then so do most "continental" breakfasts here in the USA. There're no restaurants around, so we got supper at the nearby Flying-J -- pizza. I'd stay there again, if I couldn't get any farther down the road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our property. We strive to give our guests a clean comfortable room and a good breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This Hotel is very Neat and Clean the Manager on duty was very helpful when we called to see if they had an open room for at such a late time and held the room until we arrived. We had a king room that was very nice. The free breakfast was also really good with a variety of items to choose from.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We were glad that we had a room available for you and had a good stay. Hope to see you again sometime. THANK YOU!
Jacksonville
Reviewed March 18, 2013

If I can start with the positive then it has great truck parking and a nice truck stop restaurant across the street but that's where it ends.

It had 10 tv channels to choose from. The room and bed was lousy. It has a bar at one end of the building.

I stayed here because it was a BW but I don't know how they can keep the franchise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are sorry the you did not enjoy your stay at our property. We strive to give our guests a pleasurable stay.
We are our own cable system and we have 25 television channels for our rooms. If there was a problem, we wish you would have called up and we would have tried to resolve any problems you had.

Travelers are raving about these Williams hotels

SAINT PAUL
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Pros: friendly owners, pet-friendly, clean, looks recently updated, flat screen TV, pet-friendly (with fee)

Cons: uncomfortable bed and cheap sheets, limited television options, a little pricy for quality/amenities offered, worse than average continental breakfast, it's in the middle of nowhere

I stopped here for a night after getting caught in a blizzard. It looked like the best of the two lodging options at this exit of I35, and with the highway closed due to snow I had little choice but to stop.

The couple who own the place were very friendly. They got me and my dog into a room right away. The room was clean and looked to be recently updated with a flat screen TV. I was looking forward to watching a little HBO, grabbing a drink at the attached lounge, and going to bed. No HBO, though it is listed as available in their literature. The listing they claimed as HBO is actually Showtime. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of if you're a fan of HBO programming. The lounge didn't open in time for dinner, though the blizzard was to blame, not the staff. There is s truck stop with a cafe across the street. No other food options. My fridege, microwave, and alarm clock were unplugged and the room was freezing cold when I arrived. I didn't have a reservation, so the heat not being on is expected. The bed was hard and the sheets were scratchy. Sub-par for a Best Western. Breakfast is served from 6-10, but when I got there at 8:30 it was very picked over and no one was at the desk to request restocking of fruit and pastries.

I have stayed in a lot of cheap roadside hotels and motels. This place charges too much for the amenities it offers, but there aren't any better options in the area. It's a decent, clean, and safe place to spend the night, but unless I'm stuck in a blizzard again I'll head down the road to an area with more lodging and food options.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We appreciate the nice comments about the cleanliness and safety of our hotel. Unfortunately, your stay was during a blizzard which caused a 25 car pileup on Interstate 35 which resulted in multiple injuries and two families losing their loved ones, of which we cared for some during this difficult time. We are glad you were able to arrive safely, and we were able to provide you and your pet with a safe and pleasant stay. Pets are welcomed with a fee, and cannot be left unattended in the room. in order to maintain the cleanliness of our property. Our channel lineup has just been modified to Showtime in lieu of HBO at the request of many of our hotel guests, with new channel cards in shipment from the printer. Our beds are triple sheeted with high quality linens approved by Best Western. In the morning, to care for our less fortunate guests, our staff was running constantly with a full house and to go above and beyond for those dealing with loss of family, in addition to all the normal tasks. Our lounge opens at 5pm, but when travel is not possible for staff due to extreme weather, it's possible that it may open later. Again, glad we could accommodate you during this stressful time for all.
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This motel reminds me of all the good things of traveling. I used this as a stop-over for a cross country trip. The staff is excellent, and I felt like they would do or get anything my heart desired. The room was spotless (so clean, I wish whomever cleaned it would come clean my house!). It is comfortable, clean, and has everything you need for a nice stay.

If you are looking for spa tubs and valet parking, keep driving. The Norseman Inn has what many of us cross-country travelers have missed in the last several years. This spot reminds me of all the positives of the wonderful travel courts of yesteryear -- clean, comfortable, affordable, and filled with good Iowa friendliness.

Room Tip: A room on the south side (opposite the parking lot) has a nice view of tranquil Iowa farm fields. Y...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your response. It is nice to hear that we are doing things right for our guests. So many times we only hear the bad things. Thank you aginn for taking the time to respond!
Ken and Linda
Out in West Tejas
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I've been stopping at this hotel every year I've travelled from Texas to Wisconsin since 1995. A really nice way to wrap up a 1000 mile run on day 1 of a 2 day trip. I remember many trips in late August where I would wake up to leave early in the morning and the crisp clean air was a nice wakeup. Great location, great staff, comfortable beds, clean, and the price is excellent. I was up in June of this year with the family, and I'll be there again in a few days by myself. Looking forward to it.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and we enjoy seeing familar faces of returrning guests! Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First, I'll get the "not-so-good" things out of the way. The hotel wasn't quite what I expected for a Best Western, as in there aren't the usual amenities like a laundry bag in the closet. Also the hallways and decor felt a bit dated and more in tune with a Comfort Inn. Also when I checked in there was some confusion as the front desk staff told me my room was only on for a 4 PM hold. In reality, I'd booked a reward night through Aeroplan so the room and taxes were prepaid by them, hence there being no credit card on file. The hotel would've gotten the revenue had I been there or not, just the same as guaranteeing with a card.

Once these initial confusions were out of the way, I had a wonderful stay. The room itself was very clean and well kept, and the bed was comfortable. Also I was able to adjust the air conditioning unit to my liking, very important during an Iowa heatwave. The hotel itself looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, but it's actually very convenient to the freeway and there is a gas station across the street. In fact, being away from the main town meant a quiet night's sleep.

The absolute highlight of my stay was the staff. They could not have been friendlier. The front desk agent in the morning helped me work the waffle iron after I left it beeping for a few minutes (I'm not at my brightest at 6:30 AM) and did so with pleasure. The continental breakfast was very satisfying and had everything I could've asked for: waffles, toast, hard-boiled eggs, milk and juice, the list goes on. When I went to check out I found myself chatting with the lady at the desk about my journey ahead and life in general for a good 20 minutes or so. Honestly the minor issues I had checking in were minor in contrast to the shining personalities of the staff. This was probably the best customer service I've had in years.

While I don't know when I'll be travelling this route again, if I am I would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you, and hope to see you again when you are in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
Americas Best Value Inn-  Webster City
#2 of 2 in Iowa Falls
Super 8 Webster City IA
Super 8 Webster City IA
#2 of 3 in Webster City

Been to Super 8 Williams? Share your experiences!