“Great place to stop for the night”
Review of Super 8 Williams

Super 8 Williams
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Williams
Out in West Tejas
“Great place to stop for the night”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I've been stopping at this hotel every year I've travelled from Texas to Wisconsin since 1995. A really nice way to wrap up a 1000 mile run on day 1 of a 2 day trip. I remember many trips in late August where I would wake up to leave early in the morning and the crisp clean air was a nice wakeup. Great location, great staff, comfortable beds, clean, and the price is excellent. I was up in June of this year with the family, and I'll be there again in a few days by myself. Looking forward to it.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your loyalty to our property and we enjoy seeing familar faces of returrning guests! Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

First, I'll get the "not-so-good" things out of the way. The hotel wasn't quite what I expected for a Best Western, as in there aren't the usual amenities like a laundry bag in the closet. Also the hallways and decor felt a bit dated and more in tune with a Comfort Inn. Also when I checked in there was some confusion as the front desk staff told me my room was only on for a 4 PM hold. In reality, I'd booked a reward night through Aeroplan so the room and taxes were prepaid by them, hence there being no credit card on file. The hotel would've gotten the revenue had I been there or not, just the same as guaranteeing with a card.

Once these initial confusions were out of the way, I had a wonderful stay. The room itself was very clean and well kept, and the bed was comfortable. Also I was able to adjust the air conditioning unit to my liking, very important during an Iowa heatwave. The hotel itself looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, but it's actually very convenient to the freeway and there is a gas station across the street. In fact, being away from the main town meant a quiet night's sleep.

The absolute highlight of my stay was the staff. They could not have been friendlier. The front desk agent in the morning helped me work the waffle iron after I left it beeping for a few minutes (I'm not at my brightest at 6:30 AM) and did so with pleasure. The continental breakfast was very satisfying and had everything I could've asked for: waffles, toast, hard-boiled eggs, milk and juice, the list goes on. When I went to check out I found myself chatting with the lady at the desk about my journey ahead and life in general for a good 20 minutes or so. Honestly the minor issues I had checking in were minor in contrast to the shining personalities of the staff. This was probably the best customer service I've had in years.

While I don't know when I'll be travelling this route again, if I am I would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you, and hope to see you again when you are in the area!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

BW rewards members should not use this Hotel.It doesn't matter to these people.I would be surprised if this is a BW much longer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
You had requested free fax service because of your status as a Best Western Rewards guest. We informed you that we are not able to offer free faxes to our Best Western Rewards members, our apologies. We must cover our expenses with faxes for all requests, regardless of Reward member status.

Travelers are raving about these Williams hotels

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We were in a Nasty Snow storm when the roads turned to ice, took the first exit after we started slipping on the road. Called Best Western main reservations line to make sure they are pet friendly, YES we were told. Super, since we have two large dogs that travel with us every where. Lots of excitment with 6 of us checking it at the same time sharing slippery road stories. We forgot to mention our pets. Snowed in for a 2nd day rechecked in, Front Desk mentioned our pets, yes, we have two dogs, figured the pet fee's would be taken care of at that point. All is well right? Nope, got a call from front desk saying we needed to come takecare of the pet fee, no problem Immediately went to the front desk and took care of it. Mentioned if the weather didn't get any better there was a chance we would stay another night. Walking outside on the way back to our room I noticed a Large sign that says NO PETS on the entry door. Thinking to myself, hmm I know they said Pet friendly when I called, so I didn't think much about it. Next day break in the weather allowed us to continue traveling a couple hours up the road. Had a few questions at check out about our bill, Gentleman could not answer, his wife went to town and would be back later, no problem we would stop back by in about 4 to 5 hours. Holy cow, what a difference in attitude when you have questions about using a discount card. She accused us of sneaking in our dogs, nasty comments about pet hair, Really Lady??? Are you really giving me this much grief because I wanted to use a discount card or are you having that much of an issue about my pets? Dogs shed, no more than any normal dog, They slept on their own doggie pillows on the floor so how much hair could of it really been? This woman had no qualms about going tit for tat with me even after I mentioned isn't that what a pet fee is for? Sheesh, she wasn't backing down till I mentioned writing a review on Trip advisor. Take Pet friendly off web site, would saved all Pet owners grief, spend our money on Real Pet Friendly Motels!!!!

Room Tip: Large rooms with Motel 6 mattresses, sigh.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
We are sorry that you had a problem when you stayed at our property. And we cannot remember any problem in a snow storm with a guest and thier pet. We did had a problem with a guest and her CLC card but that was not in an ice storm, and she was unhappy about being charged for the 2nd person in her room. We do charge for pets and we are pet friendly if the guests abide with our rules.
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The couple that own this place live on the premises. It's obvious they really want you to have a good experience. It's a hidden gem but actually very close to I-35. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond and your kind words. Hope to see you again soon!
Ken and Linda Hovick
Kansas City
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We absolutely LOVE this motel. It is cute. It is quaint. It is clean. It is so convenient - right off I-35. The room price is so reasonable. The owners are so helpful and friendly! We have stayed at this place for the past 6 years as we head up to Minneapolis for our annual trip. Once you check in, you are given a drink coupon for the lounge that is located at the end of the motel. There is a cute little restaurant that we eat dinner at each year. You just walk across the street. We stop by the lounge on our way back to the room and then we settle in for the night. The motel offers a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. We fill up with gas, hop back on I-35 and we're on our way. Great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
16062, Owner at Super 8 Williams, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and glad you had a great stay, hope to see you again soon!
Ken and Linda Hovick
Owners-managers
Missouri
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is one of those "out in the middle of nowhere" places in Iowa and I'm glad it's there. Is it fancy? No. Is this a Hilton. No. This place serves it's purpose well by giving travelers on I-35 a place to stay between Des Moines and Minnesota. It's never crowded because it's remote. Although a bit dated, I always find it clean and acceptable. The bar in the basement is just that. Cheap prices with frozen pizzas and food. Local farmers usually stop for a beer and the staff and owners have always been nice. Price is very good. So, if you need that chocolate on your pillow or a 5 star place to eat, keep driving a few more hours. If you need a place to drop for the night and maybe a beer or two, this is a good place to stop.

Room Tip: No fancy food here. Truck stop a block away with an average restaurant for a bigger meal.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williams
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Webster City
#2 of 3 in Webster City
Super 8 Iowa Falls
Super 8 Iowa Falls
#2 of 2 in Iowa Falls

Been to Super 8 Williams? Share your experiences!