When I first entered the Candlewood I immediately though "hospital" or "dormitory." The high security entrance and the nondeacript lobby evoked the sterile and clinical environments we all are familiar with. However, the helpful desk staff had me in my room within minutes.
The newly remodeled room features a kitchen area and a sleeping area. The floor vinyl and carpet reminiscent of my hospital stay. The desk and dresser area offer plenty of work and storage. The LCD TV was anchored to the wall and offered great viewing for all areas of the room. The queen bed ( no kings in this place ) had soft sheets and a comforter beginning to show some wear from frequent washing. (I will consider this a plus ). The bathnroom was large and newly remodeled. Like the kitchen, the counters were granite-quartz and has the sleek IKEA look. The water and water pressure were amazing. I had hot water and amazing water pressure. I have seldom enjoyed a shower so much.
The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The public areas inside were IMMACULATE. The folks who clean the place deserve high marks.
Although the services at the hotel are minimal, the price definitely justifies the lack of services. However, if I were not getting a rebate through an awesome promotion, I would probably not tolerate having the room serviced. My ratings would be much lower if it were not for the promotion. The rebate promotion made this the best value in town.
I understand that long term stay hotels like Candlewood do not offer daily maid service to long term guests. This practice saves money and keeps rates low. However, short term guests who pay a higher daily rate expect more in regard to having he room refreshed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. At the Candlewood Suites West Des Moines hotel, we put the amenities where they really count: in the room. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen that includes a microwave oven, full-size refrigerator and 2 burner stove. Work efficiently at your over-sized desk with 2 phone lines and complimentary high-speed Internet. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while enjoying the DVD/VCR player. Borrow some of your favorites from our free video/CD library. Work off some stress in the fitness center or grab a snack from our Candlewood Cupboard where you can purchase meals, beverages, snacks and sundries at value prices. We are proud to be a pet friendly hotel (fees apply), which can be helpful when relocation with pets forces you to leave your old surroundings. Our location is perfect for business and leisure travelers alike. Located just 1 mile from the Wells Fargo offices in West Des Moines and the Jordan Creek Town Center Mall. Offices for State Farm Insurance, Farm Bureau and American Family Insurance are only minutes away. Downtown Des Moines is an easy drive (12 miles) and the Des Moines Airport is only 14 miles from the hotel. Enjoy the zoo or the best restaurants and entertainment the Des Moines area has to offer only minutes from the hotel. Also located nearby are HyVee Food Stores, Wal-Mart or Sam's Club and Target. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, IHG, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Des Moines Hotel West Des Moines
- Candlewood Suites West Des Moines
- Candlewood West Des Moines
- West Des Moines Candlewood Suites