Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive
$136
$126
$139
$130
Staybridge Suites West Des Moines(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
$95
Hotels.com
West Des Moines Marriott(West Des Moines)
$129
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
$125
GardenInn.com
$129
$123
Hampton.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines West(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
$91
$87
Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek(West Des Moines)(Great Value!)
$107
$103
Courtyard
All reviewsdes moinesbusiness parkroad noiseroom was cleangreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againstaff was friendlyeasy accessking roomup to datefront desk staffthe breakfast areafirst floorvery nice hotelwafflesbusiness trip
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice Room however for what we paid I would have expected a little more room. The facilities were well kept and up to date. The staff was very average and didn't really go out of there way to please. The hotel its self is nice and overall i would recommend this hotel for a quick trip but not for a longer trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
rhansenwdm, General Manager at Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We love to hear from our guests and always appreciate any feedback we receive.

I am sorry to hear you found our staff to be average. As we strive to provide excellent service, I would love to hear a little more feedback from you so that I may share it with my staff and work on improving any needed shortcomings. If you are so inclined, I can be reached at 515-223-4700 or by email at rhansen@ncghotels.com.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here one night for business last week, and this property is as solid as any other. Friendly staff, convenient location, easy breakfast, free wifi, etc. The hotel is located next to a highway, but I noticed no adverse noise through the room window, which is a definite plus.

My only criticism is that my desk chair had seen better days, and was a bit wobbly. It was an older chair, so maybe it will be replaced soon.

I didn't use the fitness room on this visit, so can't attest there...

Other than that, a solid hotel for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest when your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Thank you again for your comments and for helping other travelers choose a place to stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 515-223-4700 or by email at rhansen@ncghotels.com if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

nice place, close to shopping, food. there's a large mall within a mile or so, wal-mart, hyvee, el-chico, cheesecake factory. large open field in front of motel for kids to play and run. the internet did go down during a storm, but came back up shortly after.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We sincerely welcome and appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the surrounding area.

Thank you again for your comments and for helping other travelers choose a place to stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 515-223-4700 or by email at rhansen@ncghotels.com if I can be of any assistance, now or in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I recently stayed here on business - I've stayed in many Hampton Inns and this one was a standard model with very nice people behind the check-in. My only complaint was the cigarette smell in my room (not sure if it was coming through the vents from outside) and I believe the hotel is smokeless. Luckily there was a sandwich shop in walking distance (only open during lunch) because it's not a full service hotel. If you are there without a car as I was you'll have to plan on lunch/dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely welcome and appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests.

I want to apologize for the smell of smoke you experienced while in your room. We are, in fact, a smoke free hotel; however it is possible that the odor could have been pulled in through the air system if someone was smoking outside in close proximity to your room. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to have you as our guest again if your travels bring you back to the Des Moines area. Please do not hesitate to contact me at 515-223-4700 or by email at rhansen@ncghotels.com if I can be of any assistance, now or in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

They have free beer and wine nightly Monday-Thursday but this wasn't mentioned at check-in or advertised beyond a small sign at the front desk. Also have some snacks - the usual cookies plus a chex-mix offering.

Rooms are clean but unfortunately NOT quiet - this is what keeps me from give an Excellent score. The location is right off the highway and road noise could be heard at all hours. Can tell they try to keep it quiet with double paned glass but it doesn't cancel everything out. Good fridge in the room but no microwave.

Good exercise room - a couple treadmills which both worked plus dumb bells and room to stretch and do crunches on the floor.

Location is NOT convenient to restaurants or evening activities but the highway (see above) is very close. Overall if returning to the area would consider staying here depending on the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
rhansenwdm, General Manager at Hampton Inn West Des Moines Lake Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We do occasionally hear from our guests that they have heard some road noise from the interstate. My best recommendation for any guests who may be light sleepers would be to request a room on the north end of the property as any reported noise issues from that side of the hotel are extremely rare.