“Mampton Inn West Desmoines Iowa Review”

Hampton Inn Des Moines-West
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Columbus, Ohio
“Mampton Inn West Desmoines Iowa Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

This hotel was clean & neat. The staff was very polite & helpful to my wife who is handicapped. We recommend this hotel to everyone traveling in the Des Moines Iowa area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed here 2 nights. Quiet, clean, front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping dept did a great job on our room. The hotel was quiet, the property is located very conveniently for the things we wanted to do. We were looking for restaurant suggestions, the front desk had a map all prepared with locations noted for a multitude of choices as well as offering assistance in how to get there,
The usual Hampton breakfast was excellent plus they had a few choices not offered at all Hamptons. The food was tasty and hot and the breakfast area was kept clean and well stocked. I like the Hampton beds. Plenty of hot water and more than adequate water pressure.
The property had 2 elevators and both were working and they were fast. We did not use the pool or the exercise room. The exercise room seemed to be stocked with the usual machines that one might want to use.

The best recommendation I can give is...........I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Belton, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

It was hard to believe there was anyone else in the hotel the night we stayed there. The only way we knew for sure was when we went down to the Managers Welcome in the evening, breakfast the next morning and checking the parking lot. The management and people at the front desk were very curtious, the room was comfortable and clean. What more could you ask?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

After a prestigious downtown hotel couldn't find our corporate rate, then asked me to call Chicago to get it straightened out, I told them I'd call Hampton Inn instead.

The representative from Hampton (Summer) quickly found our rates, and politely handled the call. I told her about my bad experience, and she infomed me that she was glad I selected Hampton Inn.

When I arrived at Hampton, I was greeted quickly and professionally. When I got to my room,there was a hand written note frm Summer welcoming me to The Hampton Inn West Des Moines, and letting me know the staff was available to help. she included two chocolates.

The rest of my hampton experience was equally impressive. Us

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

We have held several of our corporate sales meetings at the Hampton Inn West and the staff goes out of their way to ensure that all of our needs our met. From their meeting rooms, excellent breakfast, A/V equipment and overall hospitality - I would highly recommend this hotel for your business needs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

This was a great hotel, easy to find off I80. Quick to get to the Johnson Creek Mall area which has lots of restaurants.

Our room was spacious, clean and very nice. Your pretty standard Hampton Inn. The only downside and it was very small was that the hotel was booked so breakfast was busy. My husband was able to get food and bring it back to our room, so no real inconvenience.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stopped for a night at the Hampton Inn in West Des Moines. The room was well sized, well appointed (for a budget chain) and CLEAN - the latter being the most important aspect for us. The location, just off I-80, is ideal if you are traversing the country and need a spot for the night.

We had an excellent dinner at the Granite City Brewery near by. There is also a Panera and Starbucks close by.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple