“Would not stay here again”
Review of Valley West Inn

Valley West Inn
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Let me preface this by saying the actual bedroom itself was shockingly clean and decent compared to the rest of the facility. The hallways are dirty and run down, with stained carpeting and dingy dirty walls. The elevator belongs in a horror movie. To get to our room, we had to travel down 3 long hallways that just kept leading to another door and another door and then a staircase (even though we were on the first floor) and then another door. The "breakfast" consisted of a case of hard, stale mini-cinammon rolls. None of the outer doors into the hotel seemed to be locked no matter how late or early. And we didn't even attempt the pool after smelling the pool area. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank cableguy62120112
There are newer reviews for Valley West Inn

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great Hotel with very reasonable rates. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were perfect..VERY CLEAN. Great location, near tons of restaurants (Joe's Crab Shack is my favorite) and the Jordan Creek Mall is only a couple minutes away. I travel often for work and very few hotels offer the convenience that Valley West Inn has. The hotel has a sports bar inside along a great pool for the kids and a great diner for food (fabulous breakfast, get the homemade green chili on your hashbrowns). You really don't even need to leave the hotel! Thanks for the great stay, I will be returning again very soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jason M
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Over the years, I hadn't heard great things about this hotel. But it recently went through a management change which has apparently done wonders for the place! I was impressed by the upgrades to the facility. It has a great little sports bar on the second floor, and was very convenient all the way across the board.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Nick T
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently needed an extended stay hotel that was good for my business and some place my family would enjoy with me on the weekends. I heard thru the grapevine that my needs could be met at The Valley West Inn, in West Des Moines, Iowa. My kids were thrilled due to the great indoor swimming pool, my wife was pleased, because she could shop till she dropped at a beautiful mall acrosee the street, and I could get my work done. It was my home away from home in the 3 months I would be in Des Moines. The staff made me feel like part of a family rather than a guest, and they have a great bar for me at the end of the day to relax. It's hard to be out of town, but this hotel made my life and travels much more pleasant. "Happy Travels"

Room Tip: I stayed in the middle of property. It seemed to be very convienient, to lobby, parking lot, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 4BigSid
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a concert I came to town for. I left my phone at the event and the lady at the front desk let me use hers to contact who I needed to. She was very friendly. The new owners have done a lot of work to this staple hotel in Des Moines. It is very nice and the rooms are up to date. It has everything you need with a resaurant and a bar inside the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank fishaman36
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I was recently had a trip to DM and wasn't sure where to stay since it was my first trip there.
My travel agent recommended this place and it was a pleasant surprise! The check-in was really pleasant and smooth and all of the employees were really nice and helpful. When I checked into the room it was really clean and the beds were really comfortable. Definitely check out the penalty box-the food is great.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ross C
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel years back and wasn't overly impressed. But I figured with the excellent location and super low rates, I'd give it another try. I'm glad I did! Apparently it has come under new managment, and it's night and day from my previous experience. Much cleaner than what I remember, and the full-service sports bar meant I didn't even have to leave my hotel to enjoy my night! The only thing that hadn't changed from my last stay 10 years ago was the room rates! Highly recommended to anyone staying in the Des Moines area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nate K
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moin...
#20 of 22 in West Des Moines
#13 of 48 in Des Moines
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive

Been to Valley West Inn? Share your experiences!