“Best bargain in town!!!!”
Review of Valley West Inn

and 1 more site!
Valley West Inn
Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Cedar Rapids
“Best bargain in town!!!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel years back and wasn't overly impressed. But I figured with the excellent location and super low rates, I'd give it another try. I'm glad I did! Apparently it has come under new managment, and it's night and day from my previous experience. Much cleaner than what I remember, and the full-service sports bar meant I didn't even have to leave my hotel to enjoy my night! The only thing that hadn't changed from my last stay 10 years ago was the room rates! Highly recommended to anyone staying in the Des Moines area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nate K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
North Liberty, Iowa
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very impressed with my trip back to the Valley West Inn in West Des Moines. I had not stayed at this hotel in a few years and was pleasantly surprised with the recent upgrades. The staff was friendly and my room was very comfortable. The amenitities were comparable to the national chains with a price that was unbeatable. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Roy G
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Incredibly remodeled rooms, excellent customer service and very helpful staff. The room felt like a new room with new bed, pillows and most of all very clean.
We noticed that the restaurant is run in a much efficient way, new sports bar in the second floor made it nice to have friends join us. Love the location and restaurant options nearby as well as having the availability of using the Fitness Center across the street any time.
If you have nor had the chance to check it lately, I recomend you do and will not regret it, you will defenitly go back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chiquis1980
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Visiting Des Moines for a business trip and my assistant booked me in this hotel.
You never know what to expect when you don't stay in a "chain' hotel, however, I was happily surprised as the hotel has been upgraded and the staff was very well trained and very welcoming.
In the morning having breakfast, a person approached me to ask about the overall experience and I learned that he was one of the new owners that is really making a difference repositioning the hotel in the West Des Moines area.
Very well done, if they keep providing the experience that I had, they will be very successful.
Certainly in my next trip to Des Moines I will stay in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jperezi
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I checked in and the front desk person was very nice and helpful. When I got to my room I was blown away. The decor in the rooms were awesome, and the beds were so comfortable I didn't want to leave. The pool is very nice, the food is great, and the best part is the Penaltybox Bar inside the hotel. The bar has live music, great drink specials, its a great place to let go, and free popcorn. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a overall excellent experience. By far the best hotel I have stayed at in years!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Travis B
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I found Valley West Inn to be a great overall experience. From the newly renovated rooms, to service, to the fun atmosphere in the hotel sports bar, I will stay here every time I visit DSM. Most importantly, the rates seemed about right for what they give you. I'll be back many times in the near future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Liabo10
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Had the best weekend getaway (staycation!) at Valley West Inn. Clean, comfortable rooms with a relaxed feel -- we swam at the pool, had drinks and watched the game at the sports bar, and then had room service from the great restaurant. Will do it again and recommend to others!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KBR_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines
Extended Stay America - Des Moin...
#20 of 22 in West Des Moines
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive
Sterling Hotel and Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Des Moines West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moine...
#11 of 22 in West Des Moines
Candlewood Suites - Des Moines
Candlewood Suites - Des Moines
#18 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Valley West Inn? Share your experiences!