“Great location, great price, premium bed/bedding!”

Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great location, great price, premium bed/bedding!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is centrally located, near I-80 an I-235. It's only a few minutes to all the great shopping options that Des Moines offers as well as only a few minutes to downtown. It's an older hotel (probably formerly a Marriott) but the rooms are updated. The beds/bedding was very high quality! The hotel was quiet and the staff was helpful and warm.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators for noise control!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny1stAv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Atlanta
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I love this hotel. It is conveniently located to the Interstate system and close to shopping and restaurants alike. The spacious lobby with lounges and restaurants were great. The staff were simply amazing. The room itself was large and spotlessly clean. The bed as well as the bedding was premium level and I didn't want to wake up the following morning. One of the things I judge a hotel on is the ability to find an electrical outlet when needed. I hate crawling on my hands and knees or pulling the bed and box frame away from the wall to find an outlet. This hotel had them along side the bed, at desk top levels and within the light fixtures themself. I travel 40 out of 52 weeks a year and know a great hotel from a cracker box with a bed. This is a great hotel.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located, just off I-80. The public space is welcoming and comfortable. It is spotless throughout. My room was spacious and comfortable -- bedding was premium. Staff were outstanding as well, very courteous and extremely helpful. Room service food was served hot and in shorter time than estimated; pickup of the tray was prompt as well. I didn't use pool/gym etc. but I'd guess they would be in good shape as well. I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WithrowGM, General Manager at Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I work for the airlines so I'm in all kinds of hotels and I sure can rip and tear one apart...but I really can't find anything big wrong with this place....except that my tissue box only had like 3 tissues in it and there is a burn mark on the carpet (looks like an iron mark). No big deal! Otherwise I almost feel like I'm in a resort when I'm in my room...and I don't like being in a hotel room for very long. But I'm actually enjoying just vegging out in mine.

My bed was very comfortable, everything looks clean. It has all the amenities I need...and the buffet was excellent! Everyone here is extremely friendly and nice from the front desk, to housekeeping, to the omelet maker and food service people!! There is shopping down the road, so if you're a walker and a shopper like me you'll like that.

Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I did not pick the hotel. We were there for a Debate Tournament. I was very apprehensive after ready previous reviews. Our experience was excellent! The rooms were clean, well equipped and comfortable. The front desk staff could not have been more helpful! The food was excellent. It actually reminded me of a nicer hotel in London.
So often for the children's activities we stay in new "family friendly" hotels. This was more elegant.

Room Tip: The bedding was first rate. If you can get on the 10th floor, the breakfast was very good and the lo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed November 24, 2012

While traveling on a business trip I experinced a one night stay at this location. This was absolutely terrible. They were experinceing some sort of sewer problem in the area which made many of the rooms having a smell that would knock you over. We had to ask for other rooms which they found in another area of the hte and they were slighlty less odorless but still not fully acceptable. The hall way carpets are very stained and in fact probably hold some odor as well. We were hosting a large group meeting and the main room for such was also poor. It had stained and wrinlkled carpet, and it had an odor that was quite offensive. This appears to be a converted embassy suite property which does not appear to be updated and certainly not up to the usual Sheraton brand standards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WithrowGM, General Manager at Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank for for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our guest comments are a very important in improving our services. We have addressed each issue with our Department Managers and staff. Please visit us again; our improvements are sure to show you a better hotel and a truer picture of our hospitality.
Sioux City
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was very accomadating in every aspect except the restaurant/bar area. We were there for a dance convention, and waited 2.5 hours 1st night for food. My daughter didn't get to eat before her class. 2nd night waited 30 min. for a glass of wine. The set up for the restaurant is terrible, the kitchen is very far away from where the tables are and they don't staff enough for weekends. I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moine...
#1 of 22 in West Des Moines
Hampton Inn & Suites West Des Moines/SW Mall Area
Hampton Inn & Suites West Des Mo...
#3 of 22 in West Des Moines
Wildwood Lodge
Wildwood Lodge
#3 of 8 in Clive
Homewood Suites by Hilton West Des Moines / SW Mall Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton West D...
#4 of 22 in West Des Moines

Been to Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel? Share your experiences!