“Manager not nice!”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Plover, Wisconsin
“Manager not nice!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

17 hr drive, 2 toddlers and 2 dogs. When we got here at 9pm, door man was amazing and everyone downstairs were really nice and helpful. And even though they forgot to bring our crib upstairs twice, they were extremely polite and nice.
And until this morning I would have given them a 5 star if only I wouln't have been ASKED TO STEP OUTSIDE with the kids and dogs in 10F because when the nice door man stroked the dogs, one of them barked.
We were only waiting for my husband to bring the car around, which took hil less than 5 minutes.
Very disspaointed that this little thing ruined our stay.

• Stayed November 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
KataJM,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you had in the morning. We value you as our guest and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression. I'm glad you liked our hotel otherwise, and I hope you will return for another visit in the near future. Thank you again.

Lisa Tuller, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Minneapolis
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Walking into the lobby I was expecting a nice high end suburban Marriott. The lobby has a modern feel.

However the room was average. Standard Marriott. But not the same feel as the lobby. Bed was very comfortable. Room was clean. I had only hoped the rooms were given the same treatment as the lobby.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
xy223yz,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay. We always appreciate hearing form our guests on both positive feedback and opportunities for improving our guest experience. It's unfortunate to hear that we were unable to exceed your expectations. I'm glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay otherwise and found the cleanliness of your room to meet your satisfaction. Please know we will take your comments into consideration for improving our property. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Twin Cities, Minnesota
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I've stayed at the West Des Moines Marriott a few times for business, most recently last week. It had been a few years since I had been back and a few things have changed, but the service has remained very good. The front desk staff was friendly and made me feel welcome upon arrival. We used the shuttle to get to the office and the drivers were all very friendly.

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable.

The only negatives are the fitness center seems to have been remodeled and is now smaller and the towels seemed a bit worn.

There are a lot of hotel choices in West Des Moines, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
eho,
We appreciate your review and continued patronage with us at West Des Moines Marriott. I'm pleased to know we consistently deliver excellent service and comfortable accommodations for your business travels. Your feedback is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. Please continue to make us your number one choice hotel when traveling to West Des Moines. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Centerville, Iowa
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott on a Girl's Shopping Weekend and it was wonderful! In addition to a great, clean, roomy room....we got a coupon for a free appetizer & 2 free drinks at the awesome Johnny's Italian Restaurant that is attached to the hotel! We had a great experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
luv4bigreds,
Thank you for choosing West Des Moines Marriott for your Girl's Shopping Weekend. We appreciate you sharing your experience, and we're glad our hotel, service, and accommodations perfectly suited your travels. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed in the Marriott Hotel in West Des Moines for 12 days on business. While I was there the staff was unbelievably helpful and contributed in every way to making the stay enjoyable and tolerable. The Front Desk man, Morgan, made me feel like I was in a Hotel in the 40's. He was very much like a throwback concierge. He cared about everything, listened to my words and requests and wants. He was simply the best Concierge I have ever had the pleasure of encountering. I admire the care and thought and time he puts into making sure that every single guest feels at home and taken care of.

The only issue I have is how expensive breakfast was every day. Gets very expensive after while and I started walking to McDonalds because of the cost difference.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank msd s
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
msd s,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us at Marriott West Des Moines. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than the recognition from our guests like you on our staff's excellence in service. Morgan's genuine passion for exemplary customer service leads him to enhance each guest's visit, making him an essential part of our team. I look forward to sharing your compliments with Morgan and recognizing him with a special commendation for sincere hospitality. We apologize for your disappointment in the breakfast costs and appreciate your valuable comments. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you once again for writing.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is near Jordan Creek shopping area off I-80. The room was exactly what I have come to expect from a Marriott. Nice bed, clean, quiet. There wasn't much of a view from our room. It overlooked the interstate. It was quiet though and we never heard the interstate traffic. The fitness room had nice equipment and about 10 machines. I used the treadmill it had a tv on it and there was a nice pool area. It could have been a little cleaner in the pool area the tables are showing some wear and tear. They didn't have any towels in the pool area. The cups on the water dispenser were running low. Slight things can be easily fixed. This hotel was a little smaller than many of the Marriott's I have stayed at. They do have a lot of rooms but when you first walk in it doesn't grab your attention. They have just one computer in the lobby designated as their business center. On top of that the computer is visible to everyone walking by. I am used to the business center being in a room with a door for privacy. I am also used to multiple computers. The lobby is on the smaller side. It gives a boutique hotel feel. They didn't have the fruit infused water they said they only do that during the summer time. I was at the downtown Marriott in October and they had it. The downtown Des Moines gives a grander appearance. This hotel does have free parking which is nice. There is a McDonald's right next door connected to the parking lot which is convenient for families. We did eat in the restaurant on site. The food was good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
iowaloves2travel,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you sharing feedback from your stay, and we sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. Your valuable comments provides many opportunities for improving our guest experience. We're glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and found our clean accommodations and comfortable bed to meet your satisfaction. We're happy to have had you as our guest and we hope you'll return for another visit in the near future. Thank you once again for writing.

detroit
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just under 10 miles from the airport. I was surprised and so pleased by the staff - very friendly, helpful, accommodating of all our needs (i.e. shuttles, spur of the moment conference rooms, etc.), etc. The hotel lobby and rooms were tastefully decorated. Rooms were spotless. Fitness room offered more than some gyms in which I've worked out. All meals were delicious and accompanied by great service. I can't wait for our return!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
amm1313,
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Marriott West Des Moines, and we thank you for writing a review. I'm pleased to hear that our staff's warm hospitality exceeded your expectations, and you found our accommodations and amenities perfectly suited for your travels. We're glad you had an enjoyable stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guest. Thank you once again for writing.