“Wonderful staff”

West Des Moines Marriott
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in West Des Moines
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I travel weekly for my job and recently has the opportunity to stay at this location. The Staff is absolutely AMAZING. They are so welcoming and kind and do everything that they can to make your home away from home stay as seamless as possible. Morgan, Erica and Mesha at the front desk have made me feel very comfortable. The staff at this Marriott is truly one of a kind. I would recommend this hotel for all travelers, both business and personal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aram M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Aram M,
We’re happy to have had you stay with us at West Des Moines Marriott, and we’re glad you enjoyed your visit. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about our staff and their excellence in hospitality. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan, Erica, and Mesha with a special commendation for their outstanding service and adding comforts as your home away from home. We greatly appreciate your recommendations of our hotel and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I want to thank the front desk staff especially Bill the Door Man for helping me with my two small grandchildren this past weekend. Both children were under walking age and Bill helped me not once , not twice, but three times to get them into my car to attend the wedding festivities that I was in Des Moines for. He went out of his way to help me.
Thank you again and I will recommend The Marriott to all.
Jo from Sioux City , Iowa

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Joann H,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at West Des Moines Marriott. I’m delighted to hear of your enjoyable stay and appreciation of our staff. I’ll be certain to recognize Bill for with a special commendation for his excellence in service in helping you with your grandchildren. We have a wonderful staff that genuinely cares about providing each guest with an exceptional stay. We appreciate your recommendations of our great hotel and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel. I have stayed there numerous times and the staff have always been great. Morgan and Aimee at the front desk, and Bill and Tracy have always gone out of their way to be welcoming and accommodating. Kelly at the bar makes an awesome gimlet. The rooms are always clean and spacious. I would definatley recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

TC755,
I’m delighted to hear of your pleasant stay and appreciation of our friendly staff. We have a wonderful team that is dedicated to providing each guest with an exceptional stay. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan, Aimee, Bill, Tracy, and Kelly with special commendations for their hospitality and excellence in service. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for your review and high recommendations of our great hotel.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel over a long weekend and a great time. The service from Morgan to Bill was superlative. Bridgett is also a great asset to your hotel. The bartenders were also very nice and accomadating to our every wish.
Would reccomend to anyone without reservation, but they probably will need them at such a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Elliott C,
We’re delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us and your appreciation of our staff. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan, Bill, and Bridgett with special commendations for their excellence in service and pass along your complimentary feedback to our team. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing and sharing your recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I found the staff exceptional-from the front desk, to the shuttle driver, to the bartender. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and roomy. I would definitely recommend this to any of my friends or family.

1  Thank pgruss

pgruss,
Thank you for writing a review. I’m delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us, your appreciation of our staff, and complimentary feedback on our clean accommodations. We work hard on offering excellent customer service by having a wonderful team of genuine and dedicated associates. We appreciate your review and recommendations of our great hotel to family and friends. Please plan to visit us again at West Des Moines Marriott.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Traveling 2 weeks out of the month, I stay at several hotels and meet my fair share of hotel employees.

Morgan McCullough, the Front Desk Supervisor is definitely "the best" I have ever met. Having been at the West Des Moines Marriott 6 times over the past year, I got to know Morgan and speak with him from time to time.

On this particular trip in June, there was a "mix up" with my credit card. A payment was received, but for some reason, it was not credited to my account. Now what? Morgan heard my story and told me to take my time, do what you have to do and we will take care of you. Most hotels would tell you to hit the bricks. The "mix up" was fixed within the hour, but to know that Morgan was there, was a great relief.

The staff at the West Des Moines Marriott are outstanding. Not just Morgan, but the cleaning staff, the people you meet walking throughout the hotel, every single person is just happy that you are staying with them and they let you know it.

I look forward to my next trip to the West Des Moines Marriott in July. Very special people, making travelers feel as though they are home.

Kevin
Boston, MA

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Kevin B,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at West Des Moines Marriott. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and their excellence in service. We have a special team of dedicated associates that work hard to provide an exceptional stay for each guest. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan McCullough with a special commendation for his exemplary customer service. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in July. Thank you once again for your patronage and review.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

When I am on business in the Des Moines area I usually stay at a different hotel that I really like a lot. This time a reservation was made by someone for me and it was for the WDM Marriott. From the front desk staff that went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome, to housekeeping, restaurant and the Conceirge Level attendants, everyone was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. The fitness center had a great variety of equipment, etc. for a hotel. The food was better than I expected it would be and was reasonably priced for a hotel/the Marriiott brand.
I plan on returning to this property as "everything was great." What a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: The Conceirge Level was a great value with a nice breakfast and great Happy Hour food selections. Al...