“My first stay at your motel”

West Des Moines Marriott
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
“My first stay at your motel”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I want to thank the front desk staff especially Bill the Door Man for helping me with my two small grandchildren this past weekend. Both children were under walking age and Bill helped me not once , not twice, but three times to get them into my car to attend the wedding festivities that I was in Des Moines for. He went out of his way to help me.
Thank you again and I will recommend The Marriott to all.
Jo from Sioux City , Iowa

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Joann H,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at West Des Moines Marriott. I’m delighted to hear of your enjoyable stay and appreciation of our staff. I’ll be certain to recognize Bill for with a special commendation for his excellence in service in helping you with your grandchildren. We have a wonderful staff that genuinely cares about providing each guest with an exceptional stay. We appreciate your recommendations of our great hotel and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing

Lisa Tuller, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel. I have stayed there numerous times and the staff have always been great. Morgan and Aimee at the front desk, and Bill and Tracy have always gone out of their way to be welcoming and accommodating. Kelly at the bar makes an awesome gimlet. The rooms are always clean and spacious. I would definatley recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TC755,
I’m delighted to hear of your pleasant stay and appreciation of our friendly staff. We have a wonderful team that is dedicated to providing each guest with an exceptional stay. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan, Aimee, Bill, Tracy, and Kelly with special commendations for their hospitality and excellence in service. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for your review and high recommendations of our great hotel.

Wisc. Rapids, WI
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel over a long weekend and a great time. The service from Morgan to Bill was superlative. Bridgett is also a great asset to your hotel. The bartenders were also very nice and accomadating to our every wish.
Would reccomend to anyone without reservation, but they probably will need them at such a great hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Elliott C,
We’re delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us and your appreciation of our staff. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan, Bill, and Bridgett with special commendations for their excellence in service and pass along your complimentary feedback to our team. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing and sharing your recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers.

Carlisle, Iowa
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I found the staff exceptional-from the front desk, to the shuttle driver, to the bartender. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and roomy. I would definitely recommend this to any of my friends or family.

1 Thank pgruss
pgruss,
Thank you for writing a review. I’m delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us, your appreciation of our staff, and complimentary feedback on our clean accommodations. We work hard on offering excellent customer service by having a wonderful team of genuine and dedicated associates. We appreciate your review and recommendations of our great hotel to family and friends. Please plan to visit us again at West Des Moines Marriott.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Traveling 2 weeks out of the month, I stay at several hotels and meet my fair share of hotel employees.

Morgan McCullough, the Front Desk Supervisor is definitely "the best" I have ever met. Having been at the West Des Moines Marriott 6 times over the past year, I got to know Morgan and speak with him from time to time.

On this particular trip in June, there was a "mix up" with my credit card. A payment was received, but for some reason, it was not credited to my account. Now what? Morgan heard my story and told me to take my time, do what you have to do and we will take care of you. Most hotels would tell you to hit the bricks. The "mix up" was fixed within the hour, but to know that Morgan was there, was a great relief.

The staff at the West Des Moines Marriott are outstanding. Not just Morgan, but the cleaning staff, the people you meet walking throughout the hotel, every single person is just happy that you are staying with them and they let you know it.

I look forward to my next trip to the West Des Moines Marriott in July. Very special people, making travelers feel as though they are home.

Kevin
Boston, MA

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Kevin B,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at West Des Moines Marriott. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and their excellence in service. We have a special team of dedicated associates that work hard to provide an exceptional stay for each guest. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan McCullough with a special commendation for his exemplary customer service. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in July. Thank you once again for your patronage and review.

Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed June 2, 2013

When I am on business in the Des Moines area I usually stay at a different hotel that I really like a lot. This time a reservation was made by someone for me and it was for the WDM Marriott. From the front desk staff that went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome, to housekeeping, restaurant and the Conceirge Level attendants, everyone was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. The fitness center had a great variety of equipment, etc. for a hotel. The food was better than I expected it would be and was reasonably priced for a hotel/the Marriiott brand.
I plan on returning to this property as "everything was great." What a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: The Conceirge Level was a great value with a nice breakfast and great Happy Hour food selections. Al...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Tim B,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at West Des Moines Marriott. We’re happy to have had you as our guest while you were in town on business. I’m pleased to we exceeded your expectations with our clean hotel, comfortable accommodations, and excellence in service. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed in a whirlpool suite twice in the last month. We enjoy the room and enjoy the amentities. Bridget at the front desk is awesome and friendly and makes sure your stay exceeds your expectations. Bridget is an asset to Marriott and we enjoy her friendliness and professionalism at the front desk.

The only complaint that we have had the 2 times we have stayed is the restaurant lacks for dinner service and food preparation. Breakfast service and food has been great. We have also been dissapointed with the bar drinks they are weak for the amount of money you spend.

Regardless of the restaurant at dinner and bar drinks I will still rate this a 5 due to the time we enjoy staying there.

• Stayed May 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Pink_Panther4747,
I'm delighted to hear of your pleasant stays with us and your appreciation for our staff. I’ll be sure to recognize Bridget with a special commendation for exceeding your expectations with her excellence in service. We appreciate receiving your feedback, especially about areas where we can improve our guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.