“girls weekend”

West Des Moines Marriott
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel over a long weekend and a great time. The service from Morgan to Bill was superlative. Bridgett is also a great asset to your hotel. The bartenders were also very nice and accomadating to our every wish.
Would reccomend to anyone without reservation, but they probably will need them at such a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Elliott C,
We’re delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us and your appreciation of our staff. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan, Bill, and Bridgett with special commendations for their excellence in service and pass along your complimentary feedback to our team. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing and sharing your recommendations of our great hotel to future travelers.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I found the staff exceptional-from the front desk, to the shuttle driver, to the bartender. The rooms were very clean, comfortable, and roomy. I would definitely recommend this to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pgruss

pgruss,
Thank you for writing a review. I’m delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us, your appreciation of our staff, and complimentary feedback on our clean accommodations. We work hard on offering excellent customer service by having a wonderful team of genuine and dedicated associates. We appreciate your review and recommendations of our great hotel to family and friends. Please plan to visit us again at West Des Moines Marriott.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Traveling 2 weeks out of the month, I stay at several hotels and meet my fair share of hotel employees.

Morgan McCullough, the Front Desk Supervisor is definitely "the best" I have ever met. Having been at the West Des Moines Marriott 6 times over the past year, I got to know Morgan and speak with him from time to time.

On this particular trip in June, there was a "mix up" with my credit card. A payment was received, but for some reason, it was not credited to my account. Now what? Morgan heard my story and told me to take my time, do what you have to do and we will take care of you. Most hotels would tell you to hit the bricks. The "mix up" was fixed within the hour, but to know that Morgan was there, was a great relief.

The staff at the West Des Moines Marriott are outstanding. Not just Morgan, but the cleaning staff, the people you meet walking throughout the hotel, every single person is just happy that you are staying with them and they let you know it.

I look forward to my next trip to the West Des Moines Marriott in July. Very special people, making travelers feel as though they are home.

Kevin
Boston, MA

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Kevin B,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at West Des Moines Marriott. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and their excellence in service. We have a special team of dedicated associates that work hard to provide an exceptional stay for each guest. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan McCullough with a special commendation for his exemplary customer service. We enjoyed having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again in July. Thank you once again for your patronage and review.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

When I am on business in the Des Moines area I usually stay at a different hotel that I really like a lot. This time a reservation was made by someone for me and it was for the WDM Marriott. From the front desk staff that went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome, to housekeeping, restaurant and the Conceirge Level attendants, everyone was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. The fitness center had a great variety of equipment, etc. for a hotel. The food was better than I expected it would be and was reasonably priced for a hotel/the Marriiott brand.
I plan on returning to this property as "everything was great." What a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: The Conceirge Level was a great value with a nice breakfast and great Happy Hour food selections. Al...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Tim B,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at West Des Moines Marriott. We’re happy to have had you as our guest while you were in town on business. I’m pleased to we exceeded your expectations with our clean hotel, comfortable accommodations, and excellence in service. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed in a whirlpool suite twice in the last month. We enjoy the room and enjoy the amentities. Bridget at the front desk is awesome and friendly and makes sure your stay exceeds your expectations. Bridget is an asset to Marriott and we enjoy her friendliness and professionalism at the front desk.

The only complaint that we have had the 2 times we have stayed is the restaurant lacks for dinner service and food preparation. Breakfast service and food has been great. We have also been dissapointed with the bar drinks they are weak for the amount of money you spend.

Regardless of the restaurant at dinner and bar drinks I will still rate this a 5 due to the time we enjoy staying there.

• Stayed: May 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Pink_Panther4747,
I'm delighted to hear of your pleasant stays with us and your appreciation for our staff. I’ll be sure to recognize Bridget with a special commendation for exceeding your expectations with her excellence in service. We appreciate receiving your feedback, especially about areas where we can improve our guest experience. We value you as our guest and hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The front desk employee, Morgan is a great asset to this hotel's team. He is always up beat, friendly and generally cares about his guests. Wells Fargo is a major vendor for this specific hotel due to the proximity to our Mortgage Home Office. I personally stay at this location at least 4-6 times per year and Morgan is the one and only memorable face/personality that caries me through my stay and makes a lasting impression! If he is not already in management, then he needs to be fast tracked into it so that he can teach other's his secret receive of exempliary customer service. He is a rock star!

Room Tip: Always call ahead and ask for a king size bed since Wells Fargo employees will fill up the king room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Givonn L,
It’s wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us at West Des Moines Marriott. I’m delighted to hear that Morgan’s excellence in service made for an enjoyable stay and memorable experience. I will certainly recognize Morgan with a special commendation for his exemplary customer service and hospitality. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I can not say enough about how WONDERFUL Morgan in guest services made this trip. I am from California, and was in town for a corporate conference. After a horrendous day of travel, I walk in at 11 pm and there is Morgan all smiles with his arms out wide, saying "you made it, welcome home". My mood instantly changed from cranky traveler to feeling at home. Now on my 3rd day here, I am seriously sad to leave. If you are ever in the Des Moines area, I highly reccomend this establisment. They know customer service like no other. My ipod charger was not working, Morgan offered to lend me his. I was going to go to the mall, and the girl in guest services offered me a ride. I have never been treated with such hospitality, and am leaving knowing that they fully cared about my stay. Thank you Marriott for hiring such an awesome staff, and Morgan should be running the hospitality department nationwide!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at West Des Moines Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Carleygirl01,
Thank for taking a moment to write a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in town for a corporate conference and your high recommendations of our hotel. . I’m delighted to know that you felt well taken care of by our staff and their warm hospitality made for an enjoyable stay. It’s wonderful to receive your kind comments about Morgan and his excellence in customer service. I’ll be certain to recognize Morgan with a special commendation for his outstanding service. We value you as our guest and hope we’ll see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.