Stayed here solely on the recommendation of tripadvisor. There aren't any higher scale hotels in West Des Moines so I thought I would give Drury a try. I'm not the kind of person to ever leave a bad review because I can always find the good out of anything. But to sum up my experience the best I can I will just say that it was awful. I'm not sure if people are lying in their reviews or what, but I saw something majorly different they most of them. The walls especially at the ends of the hallways were dirty and gross. The tall male at the counter was horribly rude and checked me in to the wrong kind of room. After jumping through a bunch of hoops to get to the correct room, that room had several things broken and it looked as though a hammer had been taken to the TV stand. The towel rack in the bathroom appeared broken and there was hair in the bathtub. I tried to pull the desk away from the wall to the bed as I do in every other hotel I've ever stayed in and the cords were velcro strapped. I undid the straps but they were still zip tied underneath the straps? I could not move the desk. The food is super convenient to have at the hotel but is very cheap and some of the "hot" food wasn't. The breakfast guy was more interested in talking to the guests then actually filling the depleted food line. The girl during the food at night seemed to have a major bad attitude. The drinks they promote that they offer are tiny and their ads are very misleading on it. I had a dog jump on me in the elevator while I was in my suit on the way to work in the morning leaving me covered in fur. Several reviews talk about HBO but it wasn't even working when i stayed, and the free wifi was spotty at best. I'm sorry for leaving this review, but I, nor will anyone from my company, stay here again as they all had similar experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines is located off I-35 near West Glen Town Center, which has a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment. The hotel serves free hot breakfast as well as free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback® - and many more free extras! The hotel is 15 minutes from downtown Des Moines, the Iowa State Capitol. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites West Des Moines
- Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines Hotel West Des Moines
- West Des Moines Drury