“Great place!”

Drury Inn & Suites West Des Moines
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

They were packed the weekend we visited, but they still had excellent service! Free drinks and food were a huge bonus! Pool was a little small but still fun. Definitely recommend! Very pet friendly but still clean.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Rahparker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed for one night on a Sunday. Hotel was packed, but Drury Inn and Suites does an exceptional job of hospitality. Heavy appitizers, chicken strips, hot dogs, nachos, etc plus 3 free drinks for each adult. (Beer, Wine, Mixed Drinks, Margaritas...). All included.

The breakfast was a full breakfast all included. Rooms are large, high ceilings, and CLEAN.

This is my new place to stay in Des Moines.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jonathan D
MO
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We've made several trips to Des Moines, and this is where we will stay from now on. This is a very nice hotel. The staff was courteous, the rooms were clean and quiet, and the beds were comfortable. This is probably one of the nicer properties we've stayed at in a while. The only thing I could nitpick at was the shower head did not swivel, and when you're over 6' tall that's a nice feature to have. The breakfast bar had a nice variety, but the eggs and sausage were not very good. I don't worry too much about the breakfast, my main concern is getting a good night's sleep, and that I did. There are several restaurants across the street from the hotel in an apartment/shopping/dining complex, and we had an excellent meal at Gino's. A great meal and a great night's sleep is hard to beat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JdubyaMO
Creston,
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I don't have a single negative thing to say. This was our first stay here and it won't be our last. We had an oversized 2 room suite so we had plenty of room to spread out. There were 2 queen beds, 2 tvs, fold out sofa, microwave, fridge, kitchenette table and chairs, desk & chair, additional chair as well as a spacious bathroom with built in dispenser for shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. We were there 3 days and took advantage of the free breakfast and evening meal. The staff were so friendly and courteous I just can't say enough. To be honest, at every shopping location we were at in the area we encountered the same cheerful and pleasant staff. In this day and age it seems very hard to come by. Located in the West Glenn shopping area, Drury Inn is a very clean and tastefully decorated hotel. The pool is a little on the smaller side but it works. The breakfast menu seemed to be the same each morning but it was good. The evening meal was the same the 2 nights we ate there. Nothing special, typical cafeteria style food, but free is free and for a family on a budget it can be a major advantage. What kid doesnt like Mac & Cheese? All in all, I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I was so pleased with the room itself but also just how nice the staff was, that's what sticks out in my mind the most, how well we were treated while we were there. We will be making this our hotel from now on when we stay in WDM.

Room Tip: Splurge and go for the oversized two room suite if you are traveling with children
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amber_H80
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

The manager of this hotel has treated me poorly on several occassions, the hotel location is good and the value of the hotel is good but the rude manager and poor customer service decreases the rating by two stars the reservations line has screwed up our reservations week after week. My advise stay at the Holliday Inn right up the road simular price with a much nicer hotel and there is bar/restaurant attached.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Joe S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This place is worth every penny. I was driving from Wichita to Minneapolis with my black Lab, a trip I usually make in one (long) shot, but on this particular day I didn't want to drive the 11+ hours, and Des Moines seemed like the logical place to stop. A quick canvas of other hotel reviews on Yelp provided lackluster results, so I went with this Drury because the chain almost always allows dogs and because it was in the right place (right off I-35). I was delighted to find a large, sparkling-clean, friendly hotel in the midst of an upscale shopping center--I was able to replace a missing Mac Airbook cord and a suitcase within an hour! and get exactly the dinner I wanted too. The staff was extremely friendly, and even though there was a huge softball tournament staying at the hotel, mostly consisting of pre-teen girls, the walls were thick enough that I slept like the proverbial baby. Free, fast wi-fi. Clean updated room. Great restaurants, boutiques, salons, coffee shops within walking distance--everything you could want. Including the free hot breakfast Drury is known for, better than most, and 3 free drinks from 5:30 - 7!

Dog owners, BONUS: a dog bakery also within walking distance!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank jenna92
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

One of the nicest hotels that I have been in for a while and I stay in quite a few hotels. Very clean and upscale decorating. Nice perks also...free drinks, free pop and popcorn, free breakfast. Great location. You will like.

• Stayed July 2012