“Excellent Steakhouse in West Des Moine”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Fleming's West Des Moines, IA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in Jordan Creek at the town center, near Clive and Waukee, off I-80 and I-35.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is one of my favorite steakhouses. It has an excellent and extensive steak and chop menu. Try the Newport Filet Mignon served with Fleming's potatoes or the Double thick pork rib chop. A truly worthwhile experience. Excellent assortment of sides and a very good dessert menu. Cocktails are well crafted and their wine list is very good. We had very good service as well. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is an expensive restaurant but you get excellent food, wine and service for it. The meat was absolutelu delicious and the size of the dish was almost more than I can eat.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Last night we met friends at Fleming's in West Des Moines. We both had one of the chef's specials (he had the filet and duck breast, I had the proscuitto wrapped halibut). We both had the wedge saladand I had the lobster/corn chowder. The chowder had very good flavor and plenty of lobster, but very little corn. My halibut was dry and the proscuitto was very under done. My husband felt his entree was mediocre at best. I had two drinks and he had soda water only. We shared a creme brulle and our bill was $220 including tip. We don't mind the large bill once in a while and we enjoyed seeing our friends, but we definitely did not get a good value for $220. We won't go back, and based on the dining room being 1/4 full on a Friday night, others may have found this not to be a good deal for the price.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

probably been a year since I last ate at Flemings. Wont take that long to go back! Went there for our anniversary. Took our own wine and our waiter was very helpful and not "disappointed".
The Filet's we ordered were perfectly prepared! Our scallop small plate was sweet and tender. We had a great evening. Excellent food and service. Expensive but at Flemings we "got what we paid for".

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were traveling from Minnesota and decided to dine here for dinner. We were very pleased with the inviting/cozy atmosphere. Great for a romantic evening.. Our service was top notch. The whole staff was attentive, not just the waiter.Our food was great- the baby lamb chops, house specialty potatoes and desserts were to die for. The only thing that could of been better was the bread and the spreads- average..Some of the items seemed a tad overpriced but overall we felt everything was great. We even received a small box of chocolates as a thank you for trying the restaurant. Will definitely be back.