We used points for this stay. Had we paid in cash...this review would likely be more scathing.
If you like stuffy, hot, poorly designed hotel rooms at a higher than premium price - then this is your place! In fact the only nice thing I can say is that "Cody" was very polite at check in.
So - I travel a lot and have platinum status at IHG. One thing that I cannot stand us having to ask for an upgrade. While driving, we checked the website and found that many suites were available. Still I had to ask. Crappy!
I asked for a crib at check in - 730 pm - took the family out for a long dinner and returned at nearly 10. No crib. My wife called down for one and she was told that it would be a while. She informed the desk that we had asked for one nearly three hours ago. Then he said...OK it will be pretty quick. 20 minutes later it arrives...without linens of course!
The rooms are stuffy! We did get an upgrade to a family suite which was fine...but the AC quits running once no movement is detected in the room. I'm as "green" as the next guy but c'mon!
If you are considering a stay here - don't - unless it is free perhaps. Even then, there are so many great choices near Jordan Creek that I am confident we will not ever be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Des Moines, Iowa hotel offers comfort and convenience Our newly built Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Des Moines offers business and leisure travelers a comfortable stay with premium amenities at an affordable cost. This hotel is near the Des Moines International Airport (DSM) and conveniently situated off Interstate 35, making our choice Des Moines, Iowa accommodations perfectly located for all types of travelers. Corporate travelers can benefit from the close proximity of our Des Moines hotel to many nearby businesses, including Wells Fargo, Principle Financial, the Farm Bureau and Pioneer Dupont. Our hotel features four flexible meeting rooms that can be arranged in eight different styles to accommodate any corporate event. Our non smoking Des Moines hotel offers easy access to many of Iowa's best attractions, including the Living History Farm, Wells Fargo Arena, Adventureland Theme Park and the Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino. Valley Junction, Des Moines Art Center and Big Creek Lake are also near our location. While lodging in Des Moines, Iowa, hotel guests can take advantage of the special amenities that our family friendly accommodations have to offer, including an indoor pool, a convenience store and our own restaurant, Johnny's Italian Steakhouse. This steakhouse serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Be our guest at Holiday Inn and enjoy our great Des Moines hotel room deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek
- West Des Moines Holiday Inn