“Great restaurant. Good service. Clean.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
“Great restaurant. Good service. Clean.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I hate hate hate giving this hotel consistently rave reviews because the price has almost doubled from my last stay but what can I do? They deserve it. They under promise and way way way over deliver.

Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice newer hotel with a great location. Comfortable beds and pillows. The pool was nothing like what they represented in the pictures from the hotel. They made is look 3x bigger than it is. It is a nice hotel, but for the price would stay next time at Hilton or Hilton Garden Inn. Asked to have our room upgraded since we are platinum members. If they are not able to provide this benefit because they are full, they should offer something else. It would seen like good business to me.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Shannon R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding you stay at our hotel. We value you as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. We apologize that you were not recognized as a Platinum Member, and that we were unable to honor your request during your stay. We are also sorry for the hotel facilities which fell below your expectations. Rest assured these issues will be looked into.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again so we can make it up to you. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Everyone was very nice and welcoming. My daughter just got her braces (sore & couldn't eat) and they were kind enough to microwave her Easy Mac for us in the restaurant. I didn't like that they didn't have a microwave or refrigerator in the rooms. There was an obvious place where it should be. When I asked about one, they had already distributed the supply they had. A little crazy for the price I was paying. The area was GREAT, A LOT of restaurants and shopping. Johnny's Steakhouse inside was very nice. My family ate the breakfast buffet in the mornings and they said it was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cve73
Carroll, Iowa
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was acknowledged as a rewards member and given 2 free drink cards. This was a great way to start the night! However, upon entering our room on the 5th floor, when I had specifically requested the top floor so I wouldn't hear guests above me, I was disappointed to find that for a room that was over $100 a night, there is not a fridge or microwave. The beds were also too soft for my liking as I have a bad back. There was no conditioner in our room, either. If all of this wasn't bad enough, we could hear the exact words of "pleasure" from the woman in the room above us! I was with my children so it was quite uncomfortable. We decided to go check out the pool and there were dirty towels lying all over the pool area. Later on that night, while trying to sleep, I could hear the tv in the room next door. I would not recommend this hotel unless you have no other options!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on the top floor!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites West Des Moines-Jordan Creek, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear kapmom44,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards member and for leaving us a feedback. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Victoria, b.c.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Of all the hotels we stay in during the year this is truly our favorite. Excellent management and staff make this a must to stay. Very clean and well maintained. Great food in house and nearby. Highly recommended

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jim R
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Spent 4 nights here for business. This hotel is clean and the staff is excellent. It is a very nice place to stay. The property is located to close to the Jordan Creek mall. Johnny's Steakhouse is attached to hotel. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Rob R
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here while traveling on business, and I wish I could have stayed longer! This hotel is situated in a beautiful area of Des Moines, and is close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment. It was also close to the interstate, which made our daily commute to our meeting location very convenient.

When I checked in, I was warmly greeted by their friendly staff. The lobby area was clean, modern and inviting with several comfortable seating areas.

I asked the front desk staff if it would be safe to go for a run in the morning. The gentleman assured me that it was a safe area, and gave me directions to a running trail nearby. I did go for a morning run while I was there, and despite the killer hills it was a nice area!

The room was fantastic! It was clean, comfortable, quiet and nicely decorated. I loved the vintage Holiday Inn art on the walls. The bed was comfy and clean, but the pillows could have been a little bigger.

The only complaint I had was that I couldn’t control the room temperature. My co-workers stated that they had a thermostat in their room, but I couldn’t locate mine. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough….

We were given a voucher for a free drink in the restaurant, so we went there for dinner one evening. Our meal was wonderful, and the service was fantastic.

I would definitely stay here again, and I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business