My husband & I were recently displaced from our new home due to a construction defect. We moved into the Residence Inn on 2/21 and it looks like we will end up staying 9 or more weeks here. The situation we are in has felt like a nightmare, but our stay so far (16 nights) at the Residence Inn has made it all easier.
We have our pets with us - they have treated the people and the pets like family. Housekeeping is friendly, efficient, and thorough. The management, sales staff, and reception staff have gone out of their way to help us and make us feel comfortable - free laundry baskets/detergent, remembering us by name whenever they see us, asking how things are going, compimentary pizza coupons, etc...
The free nightly social hour has been more than adequate to serve as our dinner most evenings. The social host has even gone so far as to box up Bravo's pasta (mmm) for us, and any other food we love to take back to our room. The breakfast is awesome-- hot made-to-order waffles, breakfast meats, the works, and free. The have to go boxes available, hot coffee/tea/chocolate always available for free, and a cute little market with snacks and frozen foods. If you are staying in a one-bedroom apartment the only appliance your kitchen lacks is an oven, so they will cook any of the frozen items (like pizza) for you.
There is a nice hot tub, pool, and work out area. Our dog has a lot of energy and loves walking the Jordan Creek lake daily, and they have a really nice play yard for our dog. My husband and I enjoy walking around the lake to Flemings, On the Border, Joe's Crab Shack, Bravo's, PF Changs, Champps, & Cheesecake Factory, not to mention having Jordan Creek Mall 200 feet away.
It is really a great place to spend a weekend or if you have to be out of your home, this is the place to stay. They will do anything in their power to make a bad situation a better one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Des Moines West Residence Inn by Marriott at Jordan Creek Town Center offers all that the business, leisure, and those relocating are seeking. Located minutes away from the headquarters of Wells Fargo, the downtown financial district, and Des Moines International Airport. Our visitors have access to many local attractions including the Iowa Events Center/Wells Fargo Arena, Science and Botanical Center, and Des Moines Civic Center to name a few. Here you will also find shopping, lakeside restaurants, running trails, and an outdoor amphitheater for enjoying concerts and other activities all within walking distance. As the leader in extended stay lodging, our homelike surroundings invite you to relax, and our community atmosphere will make you feel welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Des Moines West Hotel West Des Moines
- Residence Inn West Des Moines
- West Des Moines Residence Inn