Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in West Des Moines
White Salmon, Washington
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were in Des Moines for a family emergency, so booked it online at the last minute, with trepidation, not knowing the city at all. We were so pleased with the location, next to a big mall, with lots of restaurant choices. There is also a big cinema complex. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the people in the breakfast room were very efficient and friendly, too. Lots of choices for breakfast, with different entree's every day. We didn't get to take advantage of the Mon-Wed evening social hour, but it looked really good. The room was clean and well appointed. The walls were a bit thin, what with a barking dog next door, and hearing showers. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do apologize about the noise issue that you had. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Urbandale, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

loved staying here... we had a large 2 bedroom. This had a nice sized living room and kitchen. We made quite a few meals here and enjoyed the daily breakfast and M-W supper, which included free beer and wine. My husband also grilled out one night on their grill. The staff is amazingly friendly and very helpful. I even got a call from the manager to ask if we had gotten settled in and if she could do anything for me.
My only negatives are that my daughter sneezed like crazy when we were there. She's never done that before, so was it a coincidence?
They were all sick with a cold but the sneezing seemed odd....
And 2nd, we sometimes had to call for the cleaning lady. This could have been just b/c we weren't always patient enough... but I just don't want to wait until 3 or 4 to get the room cleaned.
Love the location by Jordan Creek Mall. And the beds are the best I've ever slept on in a hotel.
All in all, an amazing experience, wonderful staff and a place I would return to in a heartbeat if we needed short term housing again (please pray we NEVER move again though...)

Room Tip: Choose a southwest facing room so you can see the little lake. Get a higher up room b/c the view is...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We really enjoyed meeting you and family!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Property of choice in West Des Moines, can't beat the location if you have any shopping you need to get done - it's close to everything. Walking to the movie theater at night is a nice perk as well. Facilities are well maintained, front desk staff were kind and happy to see our small pug. Room was clean, and as expected as we stay at many Residence Inn locations around the US. We stayed during a winter storm, and parking lots were plowed, walkways shoveled within good time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am very glad that you had a wonderful stay and look forward to see you again in the future
Buffalo, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I am not typically one to leave a bad review. I usually try and work out any sort of issue with the hotel management and they are typically helpful.

I used my rewards points to book a hotel room at the Jordan Creek Marriott Residence inn for my wife who had to travel to Des Moines, IA to help settle the estate for a grandfather who recently passed away. My wife is currently pregnant and had to load up our 4 year old and 2 year old, travel 6 hours, and then go through the personal effects of someone she was very close to for 4 hours while keeping our 2 small children occupied.

I called ahead to the hotel and told them that she would be the one checking in and they said that would be no problem. We requested that the room be a 2 bedroom queen if available and they said she could request an upgrade at check in if the room was available it would be no problem.

When my wife went to the hotel to check in they treated her like she had no business checking in on a reservation I booked for her with my points. After they finally let her check in on the reservation she asked about the room I originally requested and said she was willing to pay the difference. They said that was not possible and they would have to cancel the reservation that currently existed and charge her $300 if she wanted that room. Already worn out from the long day she just kept the room on the reservation and checked in.

Once they checked into the room there was dirty laundry left in the room from housekeeping.

I had to take time out of my 13 hour/day work day to deal with this crap.

When I have stayed in this hotel in the past they have been nothing but helpful. This kind of treatment to my wife is absolutely unacceptable. That is the exact reason I refuse to stay in any Holiday Inn chain. I understand that platinum elite members typically get quicker responses from the hotel as I have been platinum elite for the last 5 years but hassling my wife is ridiculous.

I stay in Marriott hotels between 100-150 nights a year because I travel for work and have never been treated like this.

I hope this hotel sees this review and straightens out their priorities. I can just as easily take my business to another hotel chain.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight, a Saturday night during the State wrestling tournament. A hotel filled with rowdy boys and their families. I was concerned about the noise level but even in the room next to the elevator I heard nothing. Staff was really friendly. Room was clean, not huge but perfect for overnight. Location was great. Walked to the mall for a Cinnabon! Would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! Yes, it gets crazy around here during the tournaments but I am glad to hear that your stay was still great! Hope to see you again soon!
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is our property of choice when we travel to Des Moines. The location cannot be beat. Once again, we enjoyed our stay. Our room was spotless, bed was comfy & the breakfast was delicious. The gal who takes care of the breakfast room is always so polite & quick to help. I would highly recommend this property!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank IowaDisneyMom
Nocona50266, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed so far, excellent location, good ambience and friendly staff

There were many good experiences during my stay. Little small things they do makes you feel like a king.

I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nocona50266, Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future