I am not typically one to leave a bad review. I usually try and work out any sort of issue with the hotel management and they are typically helpful.
I used my rewards points to book a hotel room at the Jordan Creek Marriott Residence inn for my wife who had to travel to Des Moines, IA to help settle the estate for a grandfather who recently passed away. My wife is currently pregnant and had to load up our 4 year old and 2 year old, travel 6 hours, and then go through the personal effects of someone she was very close to for 4 hours while keeping our 2 small children occupied.
I called ahead to the hotel and told them that she would be the one checking in and they said that would be no problem. We requested that the room be a 2 bedroom queen if available and they said she could request an upgrade at check in if the room was available it would be no problem.
When my wife went to the hotel to check in they treated her like she had no business checking in on a reservation I booked for her with my points. After they finally let her check in on the reservation she asked about the room I originally requested and said she was willing to pay the difference. They said that was not possible and they would have to cancel the reservation that currently existed and charge her $300 if she wanted that room. Already worn out from the long day she just kept the room on the reservation and checked in.
Once they checked into the room there was dirty laundry left in the room from housekeeping.
I had to take time out of my 13 hour/day work day to deal with this crap.
When I have stayed in this hotel in the past they have been nothing but helpful. This kind of treatment to my wife is absolutely unacceptable. That is the exact reason I refuse to stay in any Holiday Inn chain. I understand that platinum elite members typically get quicker responses from the hotel as I have been platinum elite for the last 5 years but hassling my wife is ridiculous.
I stay in Marriott hotels between 100-150 nights a year because I travel for work and have never been treated like this.
I hope this hotel sees this review and straightens out their priorities. I can just as easily take my business to another hotel chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Des Moines West Residence Inn by Marriott at Jordan Creek Town Center offers all that the business, leisure, and those relocating are seeking. Located minutes away from the headquarters of Wells Fargo, the downtown financial district, and Des Moines International Airport. Our visitors have access to many local attractions including the Iowa Events Center/Wells Fargo Arena, Science and Botanical Center, and Des Moines Civic Center to name a few. Here you will also find shopping, lakeside restaurants, running trails, and an outdoor amphitheater for enjoying concerts and other activities all within walking distance. As the leader in extended stay lodging, our homelike surroundings invite you to relax, and our community atmosphere will make you feel welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn Des Moines West at Jordan Creek Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Des Moines West Hotel West Des Moines
- Residence Inn West Des Moines
- West Des Moines Residence Inn