“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brwry

Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brwry
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brwry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 253 Restaurants in West Des Moines
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Davenport, Iowa
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

a bit slow to get the food and drinks to us but were very busy that night! Made up for it with Great Service and Great Food!

Visited June 2012

Niagara Falls
“Prefer local brews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Ok food and service but rather go to Peace Tree, Court Ave or Raccoon River breweries.

Michigan
“Good beer and yummy shrimp and lobster tacos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Was in town traveling from SW Nd had a yummy cherry wheat beer and great shrimp and lobster tacos! My dad had a good pulled pork bar b que. Would go back again!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chelsea, MI
“Good food, service needs help”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

We arrived after 8 pm on a Saturday night. We were on a driving trip through IA and just in town for one night. We’re big fans of Rock Bottom Breweries so when I found this one on my phone, we had to stop. The lobby area was full when we entered the restaurant. The unemotional host told us the wait was 25-30 mins and handed me a buzzer. We headed to the bar and located one stool. It took several minutes for one of the bartenders to greet us – they were crazy busy. They could have used a third bartender. After waiting over 30 minutes, another chair opened up at the bar. We asked if we could eat at the bar and were told yes. I walked the buzzer back to the host/hostess stand. No one was there and I looked on the list to see where we were. Our buzzer was crossed off although it never buzzed. A hostess returned to the stand, and I handed her the buzzer letting her know we were going to eat at the bar. Good thing, I told her, since we were crossed off the list and our buzzer never went off. She just laughed and said she didn’t need to cross us off. Jeezzz, she would have let us wait for a table all night I guess. My husband and I both had burgers which were great (Personally, best burger I've had in quite some time). I personally don’t care for stick-like fries, but the seasoning on them was excellent. Beer-wise, I had the RB Red and really liked it. The bartender gave me a sample of the Fire Chief Red Ale, but I found to be somewhat flavorless. The RB Red was slightly hoppier and good. My husband tried the double IPA, but found it to be more porter-like (don’t expect a hoppy IPA). Next, he tried the RB IPA and liked that better. Service was ok, the bartenders need some help – like a glass washer or someone designated to tend to the restaurant wait-staff drinks. Despite this experience, we're still RB fans.

• Visited March 2012
“Never disappoints!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

So, my husband and I eat here frequently and glad to say we never leave disappointed. Sometimes its hard to agree on a restaurant and Rock Bottom is a go for both of us. We love the beer, (the winter wheat is awesome), of course, but the food, atmosphere and short waiting time are what keep us going back. We love the chicken fried chicken, especially if we are in the mood for comfort food. The steaks are good, too. The salad that I remember liking I think is called chopped chicken salad, or something like that and its second from last under the salad section on the menu. For dessert, we were pleasantly surprised by the bread pudding, recommended by our waiter once. So, go and enjoy!!