“Rosemary bread is delightful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Combined Locks, Wisconsin
“Rosemary bread is delightful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I haven't been to a Macaroni Grill for many years. We really enjoyed the rosemary bread, Caesar salad and our entrees (although my Fettucine Alfredo could have used more sauce). Also, the wine was half-price--that is definitely a bonus! House red is very good--semi-dry without being too sweet or too bitter.

Visited August 2013

Davenport, Iowa
“Macaroni grill is consistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I haven't eaten at a Macaroni grill for several (10?) years, but I will say they are very consistent. The service was very good - the summer special (1/2 price on wines) was appreciated, and helped make up for what we thought were slightly high prices for basic Italian food.

Visited August 2013
Des Moines Iowa
“OK food, excellent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our party of six dined at 6:30 on a Friday night, and had only a brief wait. The servers and manager (?) were eager to accommodate our special needs (primarily gluten-free options). The excellent (and free!) bread arrived promptly and out drink orders were taken immediately. The only negative was when the server neglected to return with a promised wine suggestion from the bar tender. The food was typical of Macaroni Grill -- kinda bland and predictable. The only truly sour note was the pasta bowl with mushrooms, roast chicken and marsala cream sauce. For $12.50, the dish should have had much more (and much larger) pieces of chicken. The eggplant Parmesan was tasty, though the intact skin gave the dish a bit more chew than expected. The kids gluten-free mac and cheese was a hit, as was the portobello-stuffed ravioli. The ambiance was pleasant, without the constant drone of TV sets so prevalent in restaurants tody.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Waterloo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should be named pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I don't think I saw macaroni on the menu, but there is pasta galore. My order lasted for four meals! Try the Italian soda-I had a delicious peach cream.

Visited May 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Chicken Parm rocks!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I highly suggest the Chicken Parm. Also, really like the garden salad that was so- very fresh.
The waitress was quite simply awful... Other wait staff seemed fine from a distance?? Our initial wait was so long we ordered food, drinks etc. at her very late greeting.

I'll be back- and you should go!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles