“Not your quite place”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Urbandale, Iowa
“Not your quite place”
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Food is very good. Has a tendency to be noisy. Fun place to go with a group of freinds.

Des Moines, IA
“Very Good”
Reviewed December 21, 2008

I was referred to this location from a friend. I had tried another steakhouse on the south side and was not happy at all. I was reluctant to try this Lone stare because I have been to the one in Fargo ND and was not happy with the food at all.

The Service is a little slow, however the food was exhalent. My steak was cooked perfectly and I enjoyed my dinner very much. Since then we have been back several times. The service is still a little slow. The food has come out perfect every time.

I would defiantly recommend this location.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Decent chain restaurant but nothing too special”
Reviewed October 8, 2007

It seems a bit silly to review a chain restaurant like this one - if you've eaten at one in some other city, I'm sure it's the same as this one. But I did go there for lunch last week, so what the heck.

The decor is all faux-Texas-y, with old signs and whatnot, as well as a big moose head near where I sat. (didn't know they had any moose in Texas ;) My big complaint here was that there was almost no separation between smoking and non. We were at a non-smoking booth, and just on the other side of the little four-foot wall there was someone smoking. I'm over it, but it was a tad annoying.

The food was pretty good. Bucket of peanuts and some nonremarkable bread to start, then I had a steak sandwich, which was quite large and good, but not the best I've ever had. My favorite thing about this place is getting baked sweet potatoes, "loaded" with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Probably the highlight of my meal, although there was so much cinnamon and sugar that I had to scrape some off before eating.

So, in summary, this place was pretty good, nothing really stood out, but nothing was bad either. It's a convenient spot for me for lunch, so I'll probably go back, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.