“Good value”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Chicago, Illinois
“Good value”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Nice sandwiches, soups and sides at reasonable prices. Popular with nearby office workers, may be crowed at peak lunch hours.

1 Thank efsch

Des Moines, Iowa
“So much to choose from!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The WAY better choice to Panera. Homemade soups, delectable, well-thought-out sandwhiches (HUGE selection), house-made salads (again, HUGE selection of toppings/mixtures), and the biggest variety of side items I've ever seen at a place like it.

If this were open on Sundays, we would eat here EVERY day for lunch. It's a great choice on rainy/snowy/blistery days. Try the Wisconsin cheddar or Tomato Basil Ravioli. My husband hasn't tried a sandwich he doesn't enjoy. Many locations to choose from.

Visited February 2012
Iowa
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

A local place that has many soups,salad, sandwiches to choose from. A popular lunch restaurant and catering. Everything is always very good.

Chicago, IL
“Repeat Eater-Great for lunch”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I've gone to Palmers twice when I have been in the area on business. I love the sandwiches and how you can build your own. They also have soup/chili and a pretty large side and salad area where you can get a variety of different side dishes.

If you like stone ground mustard, put the Palmers mustard on your sandwich. It's great!

It's great for a quick bite to eat there or if you need a great sandwich to take with you.

I plan on returning.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice Saturday lunch spot- perfect for girl friends”
Reviewed May 3, 2009

I ate at Palmer's for the first time yesterday and was impressed. There is a wide selection of sandwiches to choose from. I chose the trusty Reuben and enjoyed it. For sides there are multiple options of pasta salad, potato salad and other veggie salads. I picked the green bean salad with onions and garbanzo beans. It was tasty. I gave into temptation and picked up a cranberry, white chocolate walnut cookie and I was glad I did. The sandwich and side was filling so I had to keep the cookie for later.
There was a line, but that allowed me time to make my choice. The actual sandwich prep didn't take long. The place was fairly busy but tables were cleaned off quickly.