“Like it”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is our second visit to Holiday Inn in West Des Moines. Dinner at Johnny's is very nice. Our waiter Zee, was very cordial and helpful. The spinach salad is great. I had the Chanel # 5 pasta, which was very tasty, but enormously rich. My husband ordered the angel hair with scallops and he liked it. Next time we visit, we will sit in the bar and have appetizers and a nice glass of wine ( they have a nice wine list). This is very convenient stop if you are a guest at the Holiday Inn and much better than the usual hotel restaurant fare. I recommend it.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been to both the West Des Moines location and the one on Fleur Drive and both my Wife, myself , and our friend were very disappointed on not only the service but the taste and Quality of the steaks ordered. Being from Iowa all my life I know how good Iowa beef can be. This was more like Texas range beef. We ordered it Med well, it came, Med rare. My friend's Chubby Sirloin was tough as was mine. I ordered the Drunken Sirloin steak and the taste after being marinated in beer and served on top of a garlic sauce (which I ordered on the side) Not on my steak I found it to taste more like spoiled meat. It was truly appalling to the taste buds. Top all this off with the waiter forgetting to bring us our bread and house salad at the Beginning of the meal,but rather they came a couple of minutes before the entries. We all agreed for the price, the service, and quality it did not meet up to Johnny's normal standards. Johnny's on Fleur Drive is recommended. This one in West Des Moines needs a overhaul on the Management, (which we never even seen there). Can not recommend this location.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The bread and dipping oil is fresh and delish! They are very accommodating for preference. We dine here for special occasions, and we will continue to do so!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The atmosphere is wonderful. The drinks are yummy, the food is out of this world! Great service in a beautiful restaurant!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a group of 20 for a birthday party, and it was very nice. I had called head to set it up and everyone was very helpful. Everyone had a good meal. The waitresses were not the best, and hey were no very good with timing, but it was still very nice.