“Very Good Ribs!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 30, 2012

During a recent visit to West Des Moines, I was able to make it to Jethro's BBQ 'n Jambalaya for dinner with my family and experience the place for myself. The restaurant is large with plenty of table seating, a large bar and many TVs strategically placed on the walls for your sports viewing pleasure. I shared the "dinner for two" entree with my wife, a full rack of ribs and four side items. The ribs were done very well and were very tasty. Several different BBQ sauces were on the table to provide additional flavor. Each of the sides (mac & cheese, candied smashed sweet potatoes, green beans and jalapeno cream corn) were also very good. The jalapeno cream corn has some kick to it so be prepared! My children's entrees, the fried chicken tenders, were also very good sized portions. Our server (I believe her name was Dawn) did a very fine job especially with the larger crowd we were with. The menu is very extensive so a return trip to Jethro's will be necessary on my next trip to Des Moines.