All reviews main level des moines front desk lady bed was comfortable fit the bill convenience store outdoor pool would stay here again first floor fast food pleasant stay nice area easy access interstate elevator mattresses rates
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Lisa was very helpful to get us a better price for our son to stay for a week before his apartment is ready. We appreciate that she was looking out for our budget so it would not cost as much as hotels.com ...thanks Lisa!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

I would love to reference the front desk clerk however she didn't have a name tag nor was she to interested in given it or even looking up to see me standing there.

Then after hours on the road they don't offer smoking rooms. Ok I get that but they also don't offer a bench to sit on outside and the ashtray is like right in front of the door so it's very uncomfortable.

The pool is also right out the door so we decided to have a seat. Literally 60 second after sitting down the clerk came out and closed the pool. Literally refusing even one jump in on the way out.

She offers zero personality except when she needed to leave to give her sister money. I know this because she refused to help my spouse for the very reason. Awful just awful!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2018

A budget friendly hotel in a nice area off of the interstate. The staff was friendly and the room felt generally clean. The room was spartan but provided everything needed. Bedding and towels are a bit thin and scratchy but overall it was a good night's sleep.
Noise intrusion from the halls and outside was minimal. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2018

The room was fairly nice, modern redone with that nice fake wood flooring. Clean and felt nice. HOWEVER, one I had to pay 2.99 to get Wifi, really? They didn't have any facial tissues in the room, there was no place to hang your towels, they didn't have laundry bags, you had to go down to the first floor to get ice, and the third floor was so loud I felt like I was sleeping ON the interstate. I'd save your money for someplace else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Des Moines West, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Eve, Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues and noise concerns you describe. Our standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

They still have smoking rooms. I am surprised. I am not a smoker and the smell is not pleasing. The beds are not comphy, there is bare bones in the rooms. No microwave, coffee maker, clock, complimentary shampoo etc. nothing. So come prepared with all your trinkets and be ready to go out to eat for breakfast because there in nothing here. Also this is located right next to the expressway. Easy access but lots of road sounds. Heater/air conditioner in the room is noisy and it blows air directly on you while you are trying to sleep. Wont' be back!!

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family