“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Hale, United Kingdom
“Clean and friendly”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Checked in very late and was greeted by a friendly receptionist. Good bed and shower, lots of outlets, decent breakfast. Only niggle was being disturbed while on a call even though the 'do not disturb' sign was on the door. Nice hotel, would stay again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Robert E, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I'm so sorry that one of my team members disturbed you when they shouldn't have. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. I will personally speak with my leadership team to make sure this is corrected.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Des Moines
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We checked in at 6 :15 pm and NO ONE was at the front desk. Stood there for 10 minutes. Finally an attractive woman in her late 30s came running up from the KITCHEN! Breathless and rushed. We got a room. We are elite club members that felt like this Marriott is beautiful, but run haphazardly! Rooms were great. Front desk experience was poor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Great, quiet location. Ideal rooms. Lots of electrical outlets, one of my pet peeves when trying to" recharge"for the night. Close to the highway. Helpful staff. Didn't stay long, but wish we could have.

• Stayed March 2013
Robert E, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We are glad that you found it easy to "recharge" while staying with us. We hope that next time your in town you are able to stay with us longer.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Clean, spacious room with fridge, coffee maker and microwave. Convenient location in Jordan Creek Mall. The staff was wonderful! We planned on staying for 1 night but due to a snowstorm stayed two. The staff was truly concerned about us driving through the snow and encouraged us to stay. We are so glad we did! The extra night gave us a chance to use the hot tub and pool. We truly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Complete_Travel
Robert E, Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll share your kind words with our staff in our next hotel meeting.

We look forward to your return to the Jordan Creek area.
arlington, ma
Reviewed February 14, 2013

As a business traveler, I tend to like the Marriott Courtyards. They have the things I like to find -- breakfast, snacks, drinks, exercise room, good bedding, actual glass tumblers in the room, quiet, lots of sitting around space. This one had all those things, but there was one big problem. The lobby area had an overwhelming odor of carmel macchiato or a similar very sweet coffee; it was like being in a Yankee Candle store, very cloying.

Surely this is a local decision by the proprietors, and I would strongly suggest getting rid of this scent. It was too too much!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pilker
Robert E, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I'm glad that you can find all the necessities you need at Courtyard by Marriott hotels. I'm sorry that you feel that the lobby has a strong coffee smell. With us severing Starbucks Coffee, it does sometimes get a little overwhelming with all of the different syrups and flavors. I wil follow up wiht Marriott & Starbucks to see if we can offset the mixture of coffees.
We hope that you will try us again if you return to the West Des Moines area in the future.
Centerville, Iowa
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The room was very spacious. Super clean! The decor is modern and homey. I loved the lobby and the area where you can get food and drinks. Great stay! My husband and I were there on a weekend get-away. The receptionist was very cheerful and helpful. The overall atmosphere was great. It was a quiet hotel, even though children were there. We will stay there again!

Room Tip: Nice quiet hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luv4bigreds
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team and I look forward to you staying with us next time your in the West Des Moines area.
Carroll, Iowa
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Upon arrival, we were told that the desk clerk was actually a distant relative! What a small world! She was very nice and accommodating! We were originally supposed to have a room on the first floor, which I am always weary to have, and after asking if we could be moved, we were quickly moved to a higher floor. We had booked through Expedia and only paid $80 something for a weekend rate. I was swept away with how beautiful our room was! The room was very modern, had a fridge and microwave, and very comfy bed. The pull-out couch was uncomfortable, but I don't know of any that aren't. After coming back to the room late from shopping at nearby Jordan Creek Mall (which is the best in Iowa!), I stopped to buy a big bottle of water from their little shop by the check-in counter. I was told we could just have it! It may not seem like a lot to anyone else, but to me it meant a lot. We unfortunately didn't have time to go swimming and did not have breakfast there so I cannot rate those experiences.After staying at the new Holiday Inn that is nearby, I would definitely stay here again instead!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Robert E, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us when you return back to the West Des Moines area. On behave of the staff we hope that you have a Happy 2013!