“excellent hotel”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in West Des Moines
Chicago IL
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed here for three nights on business. Excellent hotel--clean, quiet, and location was excellent. Front desks clerks were helpful and ready to answer questions. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
wdmcy, General Manager at Courtyard Des Moines West/Jordan Creek, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feelings on your stay with others! We are delighted to know you had a wonderful, and we look forward to having you here with us in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2011

"They took paradise and put up a Marriott."

That's the song that went through my head when I drove up to the new building surrounded by a new parking lot entered into from a new road that took me past a new mall. Someone forgot to hire a landscaper. Or if they did, they were taken.

This is a relatively new building that has the personality not terribly unlike the corpse of a call-girl. Even though she was made up, she still had no personality. Don't get me wrong: the people working their were ... fine. Not memorable, but alright. The service was .... fine. Not memorable but ...

You get the idea.

The next time I was in town I made the conscious decision not to stay here.

Enough said.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PQBrown
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This is our second time staying at the Courtyard out by Jordan Creek and we specifically chose it based on our previous stay. I truly like the state of the art lobby (new Courtyard design) and the very modern rooms built for a lifestyle that now includes the need to recharge lots of devices and have a nice, big bathroom.

My family (including our two boys) stayed in a king with sofa bed. The room was a bit cramped with all four of us and the sofabed pulled out, but we didn't set up that bed until right before lights out. Great TV and amenities, and our boys made use of the nice (but smallish) indoor pool twice.

What we really liked was that we had breakfast included in our room rate and that included just about any breakfast items from the menu except the fancier Starbucks coffee creations. That meant breakfast sandwiches, cereal, fruit, smoothies and french toast. Great portions, great breakfast -- and well worth the additional $20 for the room because the breakfast totaled over well over $30. The eating and sitting area in the lobby is just downright comfortable -- the boys sat at the round tables which each included a TV to watch cartoons while my wife and I sat a bit further away and enjoyed our breakfast reading the paper and drinking coffee. Because the hotel was not solidly booked, it never felt crowded (it did the first time with sport teams in town).

Overall, great spot. Had also stayed across the street at the Residence Inn on a previous visit and I'd pick this hotel over the Residence Inn. Higher quality breakfast (if you choose to get it included or even pay for the meal), nicer amenities, more modern vibe (bar in the lobby), touchscreen info system, spacious common areas - including the patio courtyard. Like it - will come back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I can't understand some of the negative reviews for this property, I was impressed with the cleanliness and attentive staff. The room was nice and updated, the whole place seemed brand new. No issues with Internet or other services. We will absolutely stay here the next time we hit the Jordan Creek area. All I really want in a hotel room is a nice clean environment, we didn't really interact with the staff much, except to check in and out, but had no complaints. Didn't eat or drink, but the lobby/lounge was very nice looking. Just a nice hotel experience overall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Lucerne, Missouri
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My wife, 10 month old, and I were just taking a day away from home and wanted to stay in the DSM area and came across this hotel online. The guy at the front desk welcomed us as if we were family. Once we got to the room we couldn't believe how nice it was. We chose the 2 room king suite and didn't want to leave. The only downside was we stayed on a Sunday night and the cafe was closed. Other than that, Perfect!

• Stayed March 2011
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This hotel is very new and nice. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the lobby had lots of seating area and tvs. The location is also good as it is just right across from the Jordan Creek Mall and lots of restaurants.
My only complaint is that the customer service was not quite what I expected. With that being said I did have a couple people who were helpful and nice but that was not my experience with everyone. Due to this I would stay in another one of the hotels nearby when returning instead of this one, all the hotels in the area and new and close to the mall as well.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Courtyards, by definition, are cookie cutter. You pretty much know what you are getting into when you make the reservation. I happen to like the simple, yet repetitive design, along with the somewhat upscale feel. Depending on the city you happen to be in, the amenities vary. West Des Moines is not a hot bed of motel space. This Courtyard is not set up for just business (which its target market suggests), but it has a lot to offer.

I confess. I got the king suite on the first floor and I was steps away from everything--pool, fitness center, laundry room, ice! I secured the room a couple of months in advance and was very happy that when I arrived late (after 10) that the room was still there for me.

Yes, parking is a little skewed and I don't care that staff may park so close, as the walk to entrances is less than 30 seconds. Perhaps the staff has changed, but I got direct and friendly service upon arriving and managed a breakfast for two under ten dollars. The coffee is free. Just look around the corner in the atrium and you will find it. The pool is small, but great for kids. I don't go to Courtyard to do laps.

I had a nice stay. And internet connection was fast and reliable.

I appreciate what Courtyard brings to the table. An established brand that rarely disappoints. This is a clean and functional Courtyard. Do not be afraid to stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple