All reviews in excellent condition indoor pool nice hotel other hotels the breakfast area bed was comfortable free breakfast would stay here again front desk staff one night stayed here hie blinds brand pillows shower towels
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Don't hesitate to stay here! Modern features in clean, spacious rooms with great lighting. Also a good selection of choices at the complimentary breakfast. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable of the area.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

We booked a room for a weekend getaway in West Des Moines. Choose this hotel because of the location - close to a lot of great things and a newer building. Our room was great - especially loved the black out curtains! The bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows. All of these things should add up to a 4 or 5 star review and I would have offered it willingly ...

Except

We were in room 303 and in this room we experienced an almost consistent whistling from the heating/air conditioning unit. This sound was loud enough to wake us up at night or at least made it more difficult to fall back to sleep if we woke up to something else. We called the front desk after the first night to let them know and we’re basically dismissed because this is a consistent thing that they couldn’t fix. I took a video the final day - unfortunately I can’t post it.

So yeah - we would have LOVED this place - comfortable, great location, adequate breakfast, nice staff - but annoying whistling sound that changed the experience.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites West des Moines - Jordan Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Hello Troy S,

Thanks for selecting us for your trip and for going out of your way to write us a review.

I'm sorry to learn about the troubles you had with the noise coming from the air conditioning unit. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to get some sleep. Trust that your comments have been shared with our maintenance team. I know that your feedback will be used for future improvements.

On a brighter note, thanks for considering in giving us a perfect rating. I'm happy that you found our rooms cozy and location accessible to your needs. I'm grateful for your commendation of our staff's service. It's also great that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings.

We hope to be your gracious hosts for your next travels.

With Appreciation,

Kenneth F
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 21, 2019

Room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. Tv could stand to be a little bit bigger for the size of the room though. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was what you would expect form a hotel warmed up breakfast. Had a big selection of food though

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2019

I stayed one night over a weekend and had a very nice stay. The hotel is easy to find off of the interstate and reasonably priced. The hotel staff are friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast has lots of options for food and drink. The location is great as you are close to many shopping and food establishments. Plenty of parking. Rooms are cozy and new. Small fitness center and indoor pool. The indoor pool is very loud and in need of acoustic treatments to make it bearable for parents to be able to hear one another while watching the kiddies swim. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank AlexanderDelarge
Reviewed December 30, 2018

My goals were to find a hotel, close to I-35 that was clean and reasonably priced. This Holiday Inn Express met those goals. Easy to find, welcoming staff, up-to-date rooms.

There is an Italian Steak House on the premises - I did not eat there, but it smelled fantastic. I was happy to discover that there was a Jimmy John's nearby that delivers to the hotel - so I had a classic #2 which was more to my budget.

It was a great hotel for my overnight stay in the midst of a multi-day road trip. I will stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2018