All reviews yogurt bar hot tub mini kitchen fire pit free evening great layout modern feel big tv perfect room nice gym walls are thin breakfast was amazing made to order breakfast des moines happy hour breakfast sandwich included breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

I have never stayed at an Element Hotel before, but, as I travel for business, I will start to look for them. This hotel was surprisingly nice. It has a very open and modern feel to it. I stayed here with a group of about 25 other business associates and everybody said how much they liked this hotel. The breakfast bar was about what you see at other hotels, but they did have a breakfast chef that would cook the “egg plate of the day”. Around 4 they had free beer and wine. The lobby area opened up into a courtyard with picnic tables and a hot tub for guests to enjoy.

The rooms were up to date and had plenty of outlets for computers, phones, and what ever it is we plug in these days. Rooms were clean.

Hotel is close to restaurants and it is in a fairly new area of Des Moines.

(However, I am still waiting for my points to come through, don’t mess with the business guy’s points)

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

Clean rooms, friendly staff, well located with plenty of parking. The rooms are clean and very nice for a business traveler. Good restaurants nearby. The buffet breakfast was made special by the chef preparing omelets and other egg dishes.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

My family and I couldn't have been more happy with our stay. Seemed like a nice place from the reviews but was blown away with the hospitality of the staff and the accommodations. Honestly this is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. Would come back to Des Moines just to stay there.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2019

It is an all green hotel with wonderful fixtures and amenities and an excellent included breakfast with omelets cooked to order. The room was very clean, very comfortable. The decor is unique. I highly recommend it

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

We spent the weekend for a quick get away. We were able to check in early - very nice - but the heat didn’t work in the room. Management was kind enough to move us immediately. New room had food left in the frig from previous guests. Room was very drafty around windows. A little strange as this is a new “green” hotel. The layout of the room and amenities were very nice. However, like others have noted, the room was very loud and we could easily hear everything next door. Shower had only lukewarm water. Breakfast was limited and bare bones. The style, lighting and people were very nice but overall not the best experience in Des Moines/West Des Moines area.

Date of stay: February 2019
Connector05159206081, Manager at Element West Des Moines, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your weekend getaway. I apologize that your expectations were not met as we pride ourselves on exceptional service and guest satisfaction. Please feel free to reach out to me by calling the hotel at 515.661.4345 and asking for Nick or email nick.johnson@elementwestdesmoines.com and I will be sure your next weekend with us lives up to the service we’re so happy to provide.