“A gem in a small town”

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a great place to visit for people that practices the christian faith and for others that see greatness in perseverance and dedication. The amount of time spent constructing these grotto's is just so remarkable. I recommend waiting out for the 1 hour guided tour of the grotto to learn more about the structures and its history.

This place is worth the extra hour trip from Fort Dodge should you be in the area.

3  Thank Miki Y
in 39 reviews
"religious"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautiful depiction of the life of Christ using semi precious stones. It is about 45 minutes off of i35 but worth the trip. There is a nice pond with ducks and swans and a playground for the kids to burn off some energy. I highly recommend visiting this majestic place!

5  Thank barbiegirl79
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Amazing! Fun to browse. Had two teen grandsons they also appreciated. OH MY the work and time!!! It was a freezing rainy/snowy windy day. Would love to go back when warmer to better appreciate. A real treat in a small town

4  Thank retired27
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've lived in Iowa for over twenty years and had no idea this gem was here. We recently visited with my three kids and my parents -- it was a wonderful experience for everyone. Very beautiful and awe-inspiring. We especially enjoyed the museum. If you're in the area, I highly recommend stopping to see this unique structure.

5  Thank sraesc