“excellent service in bad timing of wheather”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waverly
cedarrapids
“excellent service in bad timing of wheather”
Reviewed January 18, 2009

We had situation due to ice storm in the area and found out that out of 4 wheels of my car one of them was frozen due to ice storm. General Manager and/or owner has got me a bottle of Deicer from next door Super Walmart and use on one of the wheel without me asking for the help from hotel. They must have notice while i was moving my car in parking lot. Please accept my personal thanks for this type of service.

• Liked — staff service
  • Disliked — friendly staff service and helping nature
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank easterniowa
responder, manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2009
We have always try to help within our reach. We have also have portable bettery charger and during the year several guest saved money for towing services. We will continue looking into more option to help our loyal guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Iowa
Reviewed January 16, 2009

The staff at the front desk was very rude, both over the phone when we called prior to our arrival regarding questions and upon arrival. She used profanity in the breakfast room while talking about a guest at the hotel. This type of behavior does not represent professionalism and good customer service. Beware of language staff uses, if you have small children on taking them to the breakfast room. Also beware of staff treatment, they could use some growth in professionalism and cutomer sevice .

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marathonrunnerIowa
responder, manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 18, 2009
I appreciate your comment and management will look into this very carefully and take appropriate action immediately.
somedayacres
Reviewed October 8, 2007

Hotel staff/management very rude. I originally had 2 rooms booked for Wednesday through Saturday morning, checking out on Saturday. I call 2-3 weeks prior to coming to the hotel to cancel my room for Friday night, so we would just be staying Wednesday & Thursday night. I young girl on the phone canceled the reservation, I asked if I needed a confirmation # and she said no because she canceled the room while I was still on the phone. When we went to check in we reiterated the the hotel staff that it would be only for 2 nights & they agreed. When we went to check out on Friday they said we couldn't & that the reservation was for 3 nights & that they would bill us for the three nights. We reiterated that we canceled ahead of time & that we discussed it upon checking in. They became rude and denied any of this--even denied that the young girl that I talked with on the phone had ever worked for them.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank somedayacres
responder, manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2008
I apologize for any misunderstanding, but I have checked all the reservations for that week of October. It was horse show week and when some one is making changes to a reservation by changing length of stay, we do those changes to existing reservations. In this scenario you don't get cancellation number.

On behalf of our staff, we are sorry for any inconviencies.
Toronto
Reviewed July 1, 2007

My wife and I have stayed here at least 6 times in the last 4 years and have been very please with the service and the amenities - nice clean rooms (renovated in the last 4 years), great indoor pool & hot tub. The breakfast has been recently improved from bagels, juice & coffee to include waffles, fresh fruit and hard boiled eggs. The innkeeper and his wife are very helpful. This last trip was made through Travelocity, who booked us into a smoking room. This mistake was quickly corrected when we arrived. I've stayed in a lot of very nice and expensive hotels, but this is the best combination of service, rooms and price. I'll gladly stay here again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Not close to our family in town (but worth the drive)
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank graeme_jannaway
Madison WI
Reviewed September 26, 2006

We scheduled an 3 day stay here for a wedding. When we had a small problem we called Hotels.com (very Helpfull BTW) we had a smoking room and with a 7 month old baby we needed a non smoking room.
Hotels.com said we would have to call the hotel and talk with them. The person that took our call was very very rude and down right mean. He put us on hold for 1 hour for a simple question. He told us that they don't even take reservations and he doesn't know how we got a booking there?????
So we had to call Hotels.com again and the rep called over to the hotel to make sure we had a booking. The rep told me that the same person answered the phone and was very rude to him as well.
Well lets just say they didn't change when in person. Very poor service and Very poor aditudes. When you call there you will know what im talking about. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Liked — Pool.
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank jackFess
responder, manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2008
This reservation was made in smoking room from Hotels.com, and if hotel doesn't have non-smoking room available then guest will be receving a smoking room. My only suggestion is to make reservation with hotel directly, calling sales team of hotels.com, or any third party website.
Another thing I have learn over the time from using website reservations, they don't give you preference of smoking or non-smoking room type until you confirm your reservations. Please check individual website rules about making reservations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waverly
Cobblestone Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Falls
The Black Hawk Hotel
The Black Hawk Hotel
#7 of 14 in Cedar Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Cedar Falls
Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!