“Best option for Waverly”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waverly
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is very basic, but clean and reasonably comfortable. Since we last stayed there, the hotel has added a breakfast room and expanded the food available, which was quite an improvement. The lady at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. The pool area is very nice and clean, with pool towels provided.

Our room was very small, with the sink in the bedroom, where a closet would ordinarily be. The bathroom, although barely large enough to contain a shower/tub and toilet, was very clean. There was a good sized refrigerator and a small microwave in the room. My only suggestion (aside from bigger rooms) would be to replace the mattresses. I filled out a survey noting that I woke up with a backache, and the management sent me an email, saying they were in the process of replacing the bedding.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thanks for the information. We will share your information with our staff.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since it was new and have found the experience to always be excellent. The location is very convenient and easy to find. Also the rooms are kept in absolutely immaculate condition as is the rest of the establishment.

The management and their staff are very gracious people and always make you feel like you are at home!!!

All in all this is by far the best place to stay if you find yourself in Waverly, IA.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Mr. Zach, it was nice talking to you. We always enjoy your company at the hotel. Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stay here on a fairly regular basis due to having two children that attend Wartburg College. Every time we enter we are greeted and welcomed. Michelle is at the front desk most times we are there. She knows our name and pulls up on our information on the computer as soon as she sees it is us. I travel a lot for my work and Michelle is my favorite hotel front desk staff, she is great at making you feel welcome and at home. All members of the staff we have interacted with over the past 4+ years are great, those that take care of the rooms, others that are at the front desk and those that take care of the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for review and we will share this information with our staff members.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

It's been awhile since we stayed at this hotel, and I like the changes made to the hotel. The room we used was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little small, and it only contained the toilet and shower/tub. The counter which contains the sink to wash your hands is outside the bathroom, which is fine by me. I was expecting the breakfast selection a continental style, but was surprised that it also had eggs and some kind of breakfast meat, and waffles. I didn't use the pool, but the area look clean, and would accommodate those with handicaps. There is also a new big Wal-Mart located behind the property, and an restaurant close by if needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room, as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I am glad to hear from you and it was nice to hear that you have return back to town after some time and found out changes in the town.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

When I accidentally booked two rooms for two nights for a friend's wedding on the WRONG weekend, the staff at Waverly's Comfort Inn was more than accommodating which made it possible for me to stilll attend the wedding on the right weekend! Thank you!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Good to hear about stay at the comfort Inn Waverly, We try to take care of the guest in most situation so there trip or stay is easy and good.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Waverly for a dance competition. We had to book a single as they were sold out, but the day before we called and they had a cancellation so we ended up with a double. The process was easy to switch and the gal I spoke with was very friendly.

When we were checking in, the lady in front of us gave her name and they did not have a reservation for her and she did not have a reservation number. The gal at the front desk was very polite and tried to accomadate her. I did see her there later so I assume she either booked under a different name or they found a room for her. The front desk explained about breakfast, the pool hours and when quiet hour started which was nice.

We did have to have a smoking room (did not even know these existed anymore), because they were full, but the room was clean and didn't have a strong odor from being a smoking room. The room was on the small side, but fit our needs fine. The bathroom was clean and if I had any complaint with the room it would be that being use to a King bed, it was a bit tough sleeping in a double bed and the heat cycled quite often, but neither was a big deal. I like the fact that the rooms have a refrigerator and microwave.

The breakfast was fine and check out was easy and again the front desk gal was polite and asked about our stay. They are located next to Applebees and Wal-mart, so very convenient. I would stay here if I were in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for feedback. We will share this information with our staff.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past 10 years. It has changed either ownership or perhaps just changed which hotel chain it belongs to. It was an AmerInn a few years back. At any rate, I have frequently stayed with the comfort Inn chain and Choice hotels.

I was in Waverly for my mother's funeral a few weeks back. There was some confusion on my reservation, so they were able to help me by moving me to a nonsmoking room with 2 beds instead of a king smoking (why would a hotel even have smoking rooms anymore?). The next morning one of the receptionists called me at 8:30 to ask me to move out of the room, as they needed the room for another guest. I asked them if they really wanted to make me pack-up the room and move one hour before my Mother's funeral. No response, just kept asking me to move. I told her I was getting ready to leave for the funeral and did not have time to repack my belongings. She did not offer any incentive to move. I suspect the receptionist was very young and did not have any negotiation skills. I refused to move and my husband was later able to speak with the manager.
The hotel is a reasonable value, but is starting to look a little dated and needs new mattresses. In the past, I overlooked these things as there are few choices in Waverly. However, management seems to lack sensitivity. I'll not be back. It will also make me rethink staying at the Choice Hotels in general.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kmax182000
responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your comment about your stay. Here is the real information. This dearly guest had SMOKING room reservation made online, where hotel was not involved in his booking process. When they arrived to the hotel as a good customer service, room was switch to nonsmoking for one night and next day they were supposed to move to different room type and keys was given to them for two nights. Next day hotel was busy and did not have non-smoking rooms available. Front desk agent called to the room next day morning and requested the move. This is where hotel came to know that guest do not want to move so hotel was struggling how to take care of this situation. One of the guests staying at the hotel was noticing this situation so he volunteers to switch his room for his son arriving that day to the room type this guest supposed to move.
When manager arrived, we told this guest to continue staying in this room and situation has been taken care due to generosity of other guest. Thanks to our generous guest for understanding the situation and offering hotel to move his son's reservation.
In this situation, any hotel staff will perform to take care of the guest when guest refuse to follow the agreement and do not cooperate the situation.
We will coach our staff from this situation and will ignore this incident and move with positive attitude.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waverly
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Waverly, IA
Motel 6 Crossroads Mall-Waterloo-Cedar Falls
Super 8 Cedar Falls
Super 8 Cedar Falls
#3 of 14 in Cedar Falls

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!