“Good and friendly place”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waverly
“Good and friendly place”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This place is very clean. Rooms are comfortable.Staff is extremely helpful.
Breakfast is good. Pool area nice and clean. We will definitely back and let our friends and family know to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
new york, ny
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I don't understand why some people think that this place is the best hotel ever. The room I was put in (first floor) smell musty, I can hear the next room's TV loud and clear because of thin walls and the bed was too soft (over-used?). I have no choice but to stay....luckily, only for one night!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank missau
, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
We thank you for your time to post this review and we will look into this information. We will do the best to take care of these concerns.
Montgomery, Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I travel, mostly around the upper Midwest, about 150 nights per year for work, and never have I had as poor of a customer service experience as I've just had with the Comfort Inn in Waverly, Iowa. I have a brand new customer in town, so I'd stayed at this location 9 nights in the previous 3 weeks, and have a long term need for a comfortable place to stay when I'm in the area. After staying this amount of time in other similar motels, it's usually very easy to gain a repertoire with the staff, but not here. The typical desk staffer at this location is very reserved and not familiar with their booking/billing system, and it can take them several minutes to complete a task (checking in or out, extending a stay, making future reservations, etc...) most other desk attendants can handle in a mere moment.

I also came to find out that the hotel management gives their desk attendants absolutely no complaint resolution authority whatsoever, and choose to have the hotel managers receive all customer complaints, which isn't all that uncommon, but anywhere else that chooses to carry this policy typically makes sure to have at least an assistant manager on staff in the evenings to handle complaints immediately. This is not the case here.

In my situation, I got a late day call away from my customer and was forced to leave the area for the evening, so I called to cancel my reservation. Unfortunately, I missed the cancellation deadline by an hour and a half - but no big deal, I'd been a regular customer over the past 3 weeks, and there were extenuating circumstances, right? No, not to them - they still charged me their full price for a night I never stayed. After voicing my complaints to a helpless desk attendant, she informed me that I could phone the Comfort Inn corporate customer relations as well as the General Manager the next day. I did both - the corporate customer relations staff could do nothing but phone the hotel directly to petition on my behalf (very helpful, but fruitless...), and the General Manager had no concern for my extenuating circumstances and chose to stick to his policy, rather than retain a customer.

I'll never stay here again, nor will any of my colleagues. I advise you do the same.

It's an unfortunate situation, considering that almost anywhere else that I've ever dealt with would have handled this situation much differently.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank AJS7
, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
This guest has not said whole truth about his behavior and language, this guest is using very nesty and offensive language becasue he thinks that other human beings are not worth it. He has made staff cry becaue of his language and his behaviour over the phone. I have called choice hotels and let them know about his behaviour and language being used to the front desk staff right from the begining. Customer relation also did not support him becasue of his language. When i spoke with him next day AM, I told him to look for the different location for his future stay because of his abussive language and swearing in every other word.
I also informed him that he could be nice to other human being and i could have work with you and he was mocking me all of my conversation so i concluded call by thanking him with his valuable time and look for other facility. This is very sad that hotel has to go to this extream.
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The whole experience was great! The rooms are clean the pool is nice and indoors! The staff was very friendly and the stay was very comfortable. The location is great near Walmart and several great restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Waverly, Iowa
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Nice pool area with attached patio for grilling! Very helpful and professional staff. Nice clean rooms with shopping near by!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The Comfort Inn is the perfect place to stay. It's located just off the highway, the staff was very accommodating, and the rooms were clean. The swimming pool was a nice size for a hotel pool and the fitness room had a bike, stair stepper, and a treadmill. The breakfast was plentiful and very well organized. Walmart is just steps away too. All in all, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Crest Hill, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a very nice, clean quiet motel in a good location with a first rate staff. We travel with our dog and requested a 1st floor room which we got, and the desk clerk was helpful in placing us near an entrance which was adjacent to the grassy pet area. The room was immaculate, with a really comfy pillowtop mattress and the TV had a great cable selection of channels. The breakfast was very good - eggs and sausage and fruit, juice,bread and bagels, no sugary sweet rolls that just give you a sugar high. There were also hard boiled eggs and yogurt and cream cheese that were kept in a small fridge that was part of the breakfast buffet. The indoor pool was adjacent to the lobby, and the motel itself was adjacent to a Wal-Mart and Applebees restaurant. We will return to the motel when we are in the area. All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beckyb88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waverly
Cobblestone Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cedar Falls
The Black Hawk Hotel
The Black Hawk Hotel
#7 of 14 in Cedar Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Cedar Falls
Days Inn Cedar Falls- University Plaza

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!