“Great food!”

The Fainting Goat
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: From 8 to 80, from the top of the food chain, to the bottom of the barrel, The Fainting Goat has something for everyone. Not so fine dining and we like it that way. Burgers, chicken wings, steaks and salads. All made fresh with loving goat hands. The Original Fainting Goat Restaurant...A nearly perfect place in a nearly perfect town. Liquor, wine, premium and domestic beers. Open 7 days a weeks! Kids welcome!
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Low prices, large servings and a nice environment. The name alone is enough to catch your attention! Their food is great, for a wide range of tastes.

There are newer reviews for The Fainting Goat

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Decent enough bar food, appetizers, etc... I do like the variety of grilled cheese sandwiches. Kind of loud and always seems to be too cold in there.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We spotted the sign for the Fainting Goat along 218 and decided to pull off for lunch. It's a sports bar atmosphere inside, fairly busy when we were there, but we didn't wait for a table. We started with the fried pickle slices, which were delicious. We both had wings, husband got medium hot and I tried garlic Parmesan. The Felix parm was good, but not what I expected, shredded cheese melted on top. We both liked the coleslaw. Service was just okay, our male server seemed pretty bored and wasn't too attentive, but the food came out hot and in a reasonable amount of time.

1  Thank LaChatNoir
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The BBQ goat was the best I ever tasted, well cooked! Great tasting! I will go back to eat more goat.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I always have a good time at The Fainting Goat. As soon as you walk in you know it's going to be a fun joint with the satirical pictures and crazy props hanging from the ceiling, including a New Belgium Fat Tire Bicycle and a Leinenkugel's canoe. The story behind the name also adds to the eclectic bar, which you can read about in their table tent. The menu has your standard bar food, like burgers, sandwiches, salads, and plenty of deep-fried appetizers, but the crowning dish that stands out from the rest is their hot wings. They are exceptionally good, the best I have had in Iowa! Dare I say it, they give Buffalo Wild Wings a good run for their money, as I prefer Fainting Goat's wings to the chain! The only criticism I have is their service, which is made up of aloof college students. I've often had to unnecessarily wait to get service from my waitress when all she's doing is hanging out at the bar with the other waiters. Not a make-or-break deal when you're not in a rush. Otherwise this would have been a perfect review! I recommend The Fainting Goat for those looking for really good American bar food.

1  Thank DahmBomb