“Planned to stay one night...stayed 3”

Baymont Inn & Suites Waterloo
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
York
“Planned to stay one night...stayed 3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We took a gambling trip into Iowa, and were staying one night here and there. We had this booked because of the reviews on here, for one night, as there were mixed opinions. We ended up staying 3 nights, and driving around to different casinos. It was such a nice place, we saw no reason to look for another place to stay. Beds were more comfortable than Harrahs, continental breakfast was tasty, room was well appointed, and very roomy. The lady at the desk, told us she was worried because she was afraid something went wrong with the storm and all. She was glad our arrrival was uneventful(we were just behind the storm). I would recommend this place highly. Also there is a Burger King across the street for the kids, and a I-Hop about 3 blocks away. Food was really good at the I-Hop, and the people were really nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Margeever12, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Waterloo, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Glad to hear that you extended your stay at our hotel. I encourage you to come back and give us other try. We are under new ownership with a new staff in place. I encourage people to came and see the changes that have taken place and follow us to see the changes that are coming.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

I am inhaling the smell of cigarette smoke as I write this from my non-smoking room. This is absurd (it is 2011!!); and this is unforgivable. Especially since the residual smoke is actually carcinogenic, and I am with my one year old daughter. Enough said.

Room Tip: Try the much newer and nicer hotels that surround this one.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank M J
I am sorry that you had a bad experience. Please come and see what the new owner and new staff have done to the hotel, hopefully your experience will be a better one.
Ida Grove, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am not one to stay anywhere but a 3.5 to 4 star property, but circumstances (mainly my cheapness) did not allow me to stay at that level of property. However, I was VERY surprised with the accommodations the Comfort Inn provided!! My room was very clean, a nice king bed, good pillows, a refrigerator and microwave oven, and a coffee maker! I forgot how nice it was to stay somewhere those things were provided, instead of a hotel that would rather have you come to the lobby and purchase coffee, etc. Nice little breakfast in the morning, not a lot of choices, but considering the price of the room, very adequate. I will be happy to stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank KevinPeggy
Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Please come back and check out the changes that have been made under the new owner with a new staff in place.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

I don't even know what to say here, Even the Manager of this place had no clue what she was doing. She did not give a great impression at check in at all, and she was the manager! It went down hill from check in, I paid cash for my 2 nights, and even had to either give a Credit card or $50 bucks cash in case we took their towels or pillows, thanks to all the dirt bags out there, we had to leave one or the other. When I checked out, there was a problem they didn't even have down that I paid cash, so keep your receipts from this place. Room was small, the beds were terrible, and very small. Was in a group that together we had 3 rooms, no one slept well due to their terrible beds. We reserved online 2 rollaways when we reserved the rooms, when we went to get one, they were not nice, nor accomidating, stating that their computer did not say anything about needing 2 rollaways, so somewhere between the web site and their computer, they didn't get that we needed rollaways so they were not going to give us one. When we finally asked a third time, we got 1 that the springs were busted in, and the mattress was falling through at the feet end, again AWFUL bedding. We/I will never stay here again, it is a cheap place to stay, and you get what you pay for, RUDE staff, and terrible rooms! What hotel runs out of towels????? We had to gather up our used towels and take them down to the check in desk so we could get fresh towels....give me a break!!!! This place needs to be bought out, and all of the front desk staff needs to be let go or retrained on how to give customer service, I'm not even asking for great here, just service!! Oh well, I don't care what they do, I won't be coming back to this Comfort Inn ever again!!

Please don't waste your money, you get what you pay for here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Marlinswife
This is not what I want to hear, I am asking that you come back and check us out. We have a new staff and new owners that have made changes for the better to the hotel. I hope that I see you for another chance.
Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

Hotel was just okay!

Smoking rooms were spread throughout the entire hotel so the entire second floor smelt like smoke constantly. Had only lotion and shampoo in the bathrooms and no conditioner. Had to call the front desk and I had to run downstairs to go get it. Need to show up for breakfast early if you want anything. We went down thirty minutes before it was going to close and they were all out of waffle mix and bananas. Linens were very clean and the beds were comfy. Location is great because it is close to the mall and many other things. Connecting rooms were great! Price was decent!

Good if you can deal with smelling cigarette smoke!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
I would like to see you come back and give the hotel other chance. We are under new ownership with an all new staff in place. So come and see the changes that have been made.
Maquoketa, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

10 families from our soccer team stayed here. We had no problems. Rooms were good sized and clean. The pool was a little small but nice. The motel is close to lots of shopping and dining choices. Burger King is right next door which was nice for feeding a dozen 11 year old boys. The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful, starting with the first call to book a block of rooms. I spoke with the manager, Julie several times and she was always very helpful and efficient. During our stay Becky at the front desk took very good care of our large group and our many requests. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009
If you enjoyed the hotel the first time you stayed with us good. Come back and see what the new owners have done to the hotel and all the changes. We still have a lot of changes coming, but we are worth the stay again.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2007

This motel is kept up nice. The front desk staff was friendly & helpful with directing me to some various restaurants. When I stayed here, there were about 100 kids that came in 2 buses, and the staff worked very hard to keep food available for breakfast. No complaints--The room was clean, bright & modern. Ironing board also available in the room.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank Favre440
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please come check out again because we do have a different owner and staff with a lot of changes that have occurred and will be coming.