Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo
$84
$79
Orbitz.com
$53
Days Inn & Suites Waterloo(Waterloo)(Great Value!)
$68
$86
All reviewsfront deskmanager jimwent out of her waybiscuits and gravyin towngreat night's sleepchoice hotelswould highly recommend this hotelsmall poolbreakfast selectionyogurtwould stay here againthe breakfast areaa great stayclean hotelgreat customer servicenext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights. This is a perfectly adequate hotel. My major concern was that the walls appeared to be very thin. The highlight of my stay was to find that they have chocolate milk in the included breakfast buffet. I would stay here again as it was clean and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I thought I would let you know why our family will not be staying at this hotel again. The purpose of our stay was to visit my husband's parents who are in assisted living in Waterloo. We have family in Waterloo who offered to let us stay in their home, but since our daughter and children (ages 2 & 4) decided to visit their grandparents/great grandparents too, we opted to spend the money on a hotel.

The first problem was the pool. Since this is the biggest reason we rented a room, we were disappointed the water in the pool was so cold. The children were too cold almost immediately and opted for the whirlpool. However, the temperature in the whirlpool was dangerously hot for little children. Instead of swimming in the evening AND in the morning before leaving, we swam for just a short time in the evening and put the children in a warm bath to warm up. I did talk to the front desk person to ask if the pool temp might be turned up in hopes that the pool would be warmer for the morning, but she informed me in a nice way that the company folks who maintain the pool are the only ones who can do that, and they wouldn't be available until Monday morning. I hope they take care of the gross brown foam that was floating around in the whirlpool too.

The second problem was the internet connection. I am a college teacher and had 31 essays to grade on Saturday and Sunday which I can do from anywhere since the students submit their papers through an internet portal. While the children were warming up in the tub from their pool experience, I took my computer to the lobby hoping to sign on and grade essays. My MacBook Pro and Google would not connect with the WiFi in your lobby. I talked with the young woman again at the front desk but she couldn't help me. After everyone was in bed, I took out my computer and tried again to no avail. Finally I asked my son-in-law to help who is in IT, and it seemed that for whatever reason, we just could not connect. Exactly the same thing happened again in the morning...no connection. I'm home now cramming to get the papers graded before morning instead of grading 15 essays a day over the weekend. Disappointing.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor. When people walk on the floors they sound like they are stomping...or so it seems if you are trying to sleep in a room below them.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Sparse service but this was a quick overnighter and we didn't want to be bothered.
Room was quiet and clean. It was a late check in and early check out so I can't say what the place is like during the day or the staff. I wouldn't pay more than $45 for a room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank howlingowl
Reviewed March 6, 2011

the bathroom had not been cleaned properly - it smelled & had a dirty wash cloth hanging on the shower curtin bar.
the window only had sheer drapes - no way to block sunlight from coming in
the room was VERY noisy - you could hear everything from above, below & the floor you were on
and finally when I checked out the woman @ the front desk didn't ask - how was your stay ? - if she had I would have told her these things & not written this review

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank 5EASYPIECES
Reviewed February 26, 2011

You could do a lot worse. Average rooms, comfortable bed, but noisy heat or AC wall unit. Easy access.

• Stayed: February 2011