“There was some thing in the room that irritated my eyes and...”

Ramada Waterloo Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Came here again for the Iowa Irish Fest. The rooms still need updating but the people who work there are great. Thanks Joway for bringing me my shampoo.There was another person who did security that was helpful when I locked myself out of my room. The shuttle also came in handy for a few people in the group I was with.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AGarringer, Manager at Ramada Waterloo Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Palosgirl,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, our staff, and of course Irish Fest! We agree that our rooms still need updating, which we are doing slowly yet surely. I am also glad to hear that you utilized our shuttle for traveling in the downtown area, and that it was helpful to you.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you during the next Irish Fest!
Logansport
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very nice facility and employees were very good to work with. However, the air conditioner in room 1017 (I believe) would turn on and off in less than a minute. Sometimes in less than 30 seconds! My wife and I were awakened many times through the night because this unit was on and off so frequently.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

David,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with our facilities and our staff! I am, however, sorry to hear that your air conditioner was not functioning properly during your stay. Our building and some of the appliances in our hotel are older, but we are slowly replacing them during our ongoing renovations.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!
Hazleton
Reviewed July 30, 2013

All was good except the service was not the greatest never got our refrigerator like we requested, had to ask several time for a crib did not have rooms located near each other even tho we blocked rooms months in advance

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Scott & Chantel,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you were expecting. I do apologize for the confusion and the difficulty in which you had to endure on you stay with us.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and we hope to see you again!
Tulsa
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The business suite was drab. The mattress in the pull out bed was lacking and the springs were so squeaky that we ended up put the matress on the floor. The windows throughout the hotel were smudged, the carpets need to be replaced and our experience with the service desk was lacking to say the least.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

AGarringer, Manager at Ramada Waterloo Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Tim,

Thank you for your review of our property. We do understand that our building is outdated, and we are currently undergoing major renovations through out the entire building. Unfortunately it is a slow process since we are open 24/7 every day of the year.

Our employees at our front desk are trained to be guest oriented, unfortunately, as of late, that seems to be lacking. We are in the process of taking care of this issue.

Again, I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not necessarily the most pleasant. But I hope that you will stay again to see our changes as we progress through our renovations.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I should have checked TripAdvisor before hitting reserve, because I wouldn't have made the same decision! I can't say it's horrific, but its not good. The dirtiest windows I have EVER seen. And quite possibly the nastiest hotel bathroom. I can't say that the bathroom isn't clean, because it appears to be. But, it needed to be updated over a decade ago. The tub that looks like it has had decades of use and the mildewy caulk around the tub is pretty gross. Just not what I would expect from a Ramada.

Seriously though, have your maids spend a day cleaning your windows. I doubt they've been cleaned in years. At least the carpets appear to have been replaced in the past 5 years, even if the furniture is from the early 90's.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
kballtraveler,

I have to apologize for the age of our building. We agree that our building needs major updating and we are in the process of a major renovation, but with a hotel that is open 24/7 every day of the year, it's a slow process. Our windows have been recently cleaned by a professional company.

Thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again in the future.