“great and clean rooms”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
Ames, Iowa
“great and clean rooms”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This location is not a baymont inn no more the hotel names has been changed to Motel 6 now
After reading all the reviews,looks like management has done a lot of changes this hotel rooms was in great shape and rooms and overall hotel is very clean.
Room had 32' flat screen tv new and mordern furnitures and great internet access
Though there's no breakfast at motel 6 but the rate was good enough for us to buy a full breakfast at IHop (for $20.00 extra in other hotels in the area the only provide cereal and bread)
But staying there I save $20 and bought ourself full breakfast
The rooms were very clean and very well maintained
Overall quality of the was excellent great and new heated pool

Room Tip: Great and clean rooms couldnt believe its Motel 6
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tony l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ames, Iowa
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We absolutly enjoyed our stay,we had 2 rooms on the 1st floor ,rooms were absolutly clean and detailed very fresh.We had made the resversation thinking it was Baymont Inn but after arriving at the location found out that they changed it to Motel 6,was bit unset at first,but after manager show us the rooms we were really amazed with the cleanliness,Even the rates were lower than what we originally made reservation for when it was Baymont
Great Stay will always stay at this Motel 6 whenever in Waterloo Area

Room Tip: Great place and very clean rooms for been Motel 6
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travis j
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Very dirty rooms and hallway. Not being updated at all.

• Stayed June 2012
Tampa, FL
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Definitely DO NOT recommend this hotel! We booked here because they were listed as a pet friendly hotel....be advised that they may allow pets but are absolutely not pet "friendly". The owner/manager has absolutely NO customer service skills. The continental breakfast is a joke....you would be better off getting breakfast at a gas station. Halfway through our stay my husband and I decided that we had enough of the poor accommodations and checked out and relocated to another area hotel. After switching to another hotel we both agreed that our time at the Baymont was a sorry waste of time and money. Be advised that if you are going to be in the area, it is very much worth the extra bit of money to stay at a nicer, cleaner and friendlier hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wheaton, IL
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I checked into this Baymont Inn on a weekday evening. When I tried to turn on the TV, the remote control did not work. I went to the front desk for a replacement and was asked if I could reprogram the remote. I was given the instructions to reprogram the remote which I did.. I've done it before and new how to do it. I then discovered that most of the channels were locked out because of a parental control feature and I needed a code to view these (PG 13) channels. No one at the desk was able to help me and no one tried to help. I then discovered the wifi was not working. At this point I gave up trying to get any help and instead am writing this review. It is very quite in the room. I wish I had a book. I do not recommend stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Had a good stay. If all you're wanting is a place to stay for a relatively cheap price, then this is an option. Wasn't spectacular yet wasn't bad. Free Internet, free parking etc. clean room. My only complaint was the tv (old tube tv) had a buzzing sound for 30 mins when you powered it on.

• Stayed May 2012
Rosemount
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed in the suite with the hottub, wasn't really a suit but it was fine. The suite was just really small with the facebowl on the outside of the bathroom in the walk-in area. Hotel was clean and my stay Saturday night was very peaceful. I didn't like the fact they didn't have a microwave in the room but they did have an icebox. They also didn't have enough towels in our room either, and we had to go them. There was one little incident that rub me the wrong way. I asked for a couple small bottles of lotion at the front desk upon leaving, and the clerk said they don't do that. To me, I just stayed in your suite and can't give me a couple small bottles of lotion. They had a chance to win me over here, because I had no problems with my visit, and they blew it over a .10 cent bottle of lotion. If you're that tight, somethings not right.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business