“Average Stay”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for two nights for a tennis tournament. The location was great. It's right off the interstate and close to the mall/shopping/restaurants.

Parking wasn't a problem for us and we were able to check in early. The front staff was very friendly and helpful. I called for extra pillows and received them without a problem. Bed was your typical kind. Not super comfortable but not like sleeping on the floor.

The hotel is an older hotel. A little rundown but well maintained. The full kitchen would be great for long stays. We didn't use it a lot because we were only in Waterloo for a short stay. We probably won't stay here again for such a short stay. We like free breakfasts. :)

But would recommend for longer stays.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Candlewood S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We are extended stay property and we do not have breakfast served in the morning, but we have plenty healthy breakfast items available for your purchase. If you prefer served breakfast I highly recommend our sister property IHG Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent (2) months here for business. Clean comfortable rooms, that are well maintained. The location places you next to the mall (an older one, but still handy) and near grocery stores, restaurants and Walmart/Target. As a business traveler, whose stays are generally a month or longer, I found the monthly rate ($75/night) rather high in comparison to other locales, especially larger cities. This appears to be due to the high volume of business travel, and low volume of vacation travel. Speaking with my counterparts, this rate appears to be the norm in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area. If you have the choice of assignments and are responsible for you lodging costs, be forewarned. The staff, however, are excellent, and are a great resource for food and events in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had stayed one night for a wedding we were attending. We were able to check in an hour early, welcomed and informed of all the details. After the wedding, we wanted popcorn and only had one bag in our microwave. I asked the lady at the desk for another bag and she gave us two and offered us to look in the library of DVDs available! Nice pool area and awesome price.
I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Poor Service

I travel a lot for my job. I’ve come to really enjoy IHG hotels, so when booking my first of many upcoming trips to Waterloo Iowa, I booked the Candlewood Suites. Today, the day I’m set to drive 5 hours and check in I get a call telling me they over booked the hotel and they have no rooms. They gave me a number of another hotel and said they have rooms available. Not one I’m really sorry about this, not one offer to call and book a room for me, nothing. Maybe I’m being too sensitive but I look at it like this, I took the time to book this room, I’ve been loyal to IHG Priority member and because of their error I’m asked to take time out of my day to find a new hotel the day I’m due to check in. The room I did find is $40 more expensive than the room I had already booked. I don’t know but it’s giving me a bad taste. I guess I’ll be using my Hilton Card a little more moving forward.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Karl J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Karl J,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 8, 2013

So I travel a LOT. Once a week im somewhere new for the better part of each week, literally NEVER home, and having to live in the crispy sterile white environment such as the "travelers motel/hotel" has left MUCH to be desired of my job and the down time I have in between conferences, meetings, coast to coast flight, etc.....Recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites. Now I am from Los Angeles. I hear I have to go to Iowa, Im thinking, "Great...I get a barn with sheets Im sure" ( No offense!!!!) I arrive at the hotel, and am greeted with nothing but smiles and friendly conversation. The lobby alone was comfortable and very "home-y"...after my previous 3 weeks, one being out of the country, I NEEDED THIS...I was exhausted and didnt know much about the area, and the staff helped me out with it all. Dinner, directions, and an AMAZING room. It smelled great and decorated beautifully. It really took me home, someone elses home, but still HOME. The bed was amazing, much like what I have at my own home that my poor husband sleeps in alone lately. I slept like a rock and woke up to more great staff, helpful wake up call, and BREAKFAST!! Absolutely IMPRESSED.. Just wanted to say THANK YOU!! And i will be back:):) Thanks SO much:):)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I received a great price for a room at the hotel. I highly recommend if you're in the area to stay at this hotel. The staff and service is amazing.I also enjoy this hotel, because there are many things you can do around the hotel. I also enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel. The prices are not too bad and it is definitely affordable for a family to say for a couple of nights.
I will definitely be returning at this hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2013

Let me start by saying thank you and how proud we feel to serve you as our precious guest and you leaving a great review for us. We look forward to serve you again in future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had stayed in this hotel wonderful hotel friendly staff neat and clean place I would highly recommend this place to everyone I would love to come back and stay in this hotel very good experiance :):):)

• Stayed: February 2013