“Poor Service”

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Poor Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Poor Service

I travel a lot for my job. I’ve come to really enjoy IHG hotels, so when booking my first of many upcoming trips to Waterloo Iowa, I booked the Candlewood Suites. Today, the day I’m set to drive 5 hours and check in I get a call telling me they over booked the hotel and they have no rooms. They gave me a number of another hotel and said they have rooms available. Not one I’m really sorry about this, not one offer to call and book a room for me, nothing. Maybe I’m being too sensitive but I look at it like this, I took the time to book this room, I’ve been loyal to IHG Priority member and because of their error I’m asked to take time out of my day to find a new hotel the day I’m due to check in. The room I did find is $40 more expensive than the room I had already booked. I don’t know but it’s giving me a bad taste. I guess I’ll be using my Hilton Card a little more moving forward.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Karl J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Waterloo-Cedar Falls, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Karl J,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

So I travel a LOT. Once a week im somewhere new for the better part of each week, literally NEVER home, and having to live in the crispy sterile white environment such as the "travelers motel/hotel" has left MUCH to be desired of my job and the down time I have in between conferences, meetings, coast to coast flight, etc.....Recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites. Now I am from Los Angeles. I hear I have to go to Iowa, Im thinking, "Great...I get a barn with sheets Im sure" ( No offense!!!!) I arrive at the hotel, and am greeted with nothing but smiles and friendly conversation. The lobby alone was comfortable and very "home-y"...after my previous 3 weeks, one being out of the country, I NEEDED THIS...I was exhausted and didnt know much about the area, and the staff helped me out with it all. Dinner, directions, and an AMAZING room. It smelled great and decorated beautifully. It really took me home, someone elses home, but still HOME. The bed was amazing, much like what I have at my own home that my poor husband sleeps in alone lately. I slept like a rock and woke up to more great staff, helpful wake up call, and BREAKFAST!! Absolutely IMPRESSED.. Just wanted to say THANK YOU!! And i will be back:):) Thanks SO much:):)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I received a great price for a room at the hotel. I highly recommend if you're in the area to stay at this hotel. The staff and service is amazing.I also enjoy this hotel, because there are many things you can do around the hotel. I also enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel. The prices are not too bad and it is definitely affordable for a family to say for a couple of nights.
I will definitely be returning at this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013
Candlewood S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Waterloo-Cedar Falls, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Let me start by saying thank you and how proud we feel to serve you as our precious guest and you leaving a great review for us. We look forward to serve you again in future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had stayed in this hotel wonderful hotel friendly staff neat and clean place I would highly recommend this place to everyone I would love to come back and stay in this hotel very good experiance :):):)

• Stayed February 2013
Wildwood, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Check in was reasonably prompt. The room was clean and quiet. Did not realize the place was more of an extended stay hotel as we were surprised with no maid service after the first night. No big deal but something to be aware of.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

It was a great place to stay, we got an awsome deal on our room even though it was last minute. The hotel staff was very nice and professional. Next time I'm in the area I will be staying here again. Thank you for everything

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was there on family trip I had a great experience best customer service nice rooms I would love to stay there again and I would highly recommend this hotel to all my friends family :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)