“Comfy & Clean”

Hampton Inn Waterloo
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Waterloo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend. It was very clean from the parking lot to the lobby to the room. The bed was extremely comfortable, while I was not a fan of the pillows they were not lumpy just kinda flat. I like how Hampton Inn uses nicer shampoo and conditioners. My only complaint about the hotel is that they need more than one person working the front desk on a Friday and Saturday when the hotel is booked. When we checked in we had to wait, when I had a quick question I had to wait and when I went to check out I had to wait again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Waterloo

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was a great hotel! I chose to stay here whlie in town for a job fair, which was very stressful. It was so nice to come back to the hotel at the end of a long day and get a good night's sleep. Heavenly bed, plush white comforter and pillows, clean bathrooms, modern furnishings, great water pressure, good temp control in the room... It was such a wonderful stay. Other people stayed in the other hotels in town and they were all disappointed. I was not. I was happy to find that the Hampton Inn did not disappoint. Just as I expected, I can count on them every time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was a great hotel. The breakfast was fresh and well maintained, the rooms were comfy with a nice siz refrigerator AND a microwave. The fitness center had new equipment so I was able to plug in and watch whatever I wanted. The lobby/breakfast/lounge area was comfy and cozy with plenty of seating and a 2 sided fireplace.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Waterloo for business. Room was very clean and extremely comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was nice and options changed daily. Also used the hot tub and pool which were both clean and functioning well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Great Stay! Wish we could have used the hot tub but just didnt have enough time! great breakfast! We had a good for new years and it was great! I asked if we could have a king because my boyfriend and i were staying together for new years but they said no. that would be my only compliant which they cant do anything about.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The midwestern United States was experiencing the coldest weather in 40 years....how wonderful it was to enter the building and see the red carpet welcoming me to this Hampton Inn. Always can count on a warm, clean and comfy bed.....well needed after the two travel days I had with cancellations and COLD weather!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Let me just gush about the bed for a minute. It was a king, it was sparkly clean, it was soft (but not too soft) and the pillows were the best pillows I have ever used. EVER. Our room was large and clean, the staff was pleasant, the fitness center (cardio, weight machine, and weighted balls) and pool areas were very nice, and breakfast was great. A few minor complaints, the halls were extremely cool, the fitness center had hours of operation (I really love 24 hour fitness centers) the pool was a bit too cold (others commented on that as well) and the smell of chlorine in the hot tub was a bit overwhelming. We WILL be back again as this is my newest favorite Waterloo/Cedar Falls hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple