“Excellent hotel, wonderful service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Waterloo

Hampton Inn Waterloo
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent hotel, wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am a frequent traveller for both business and pleasure and I had the pleasure of staying at this Hampton Inn for 2 and a half weeks as part of relocation for a new job. I have not a single complaint about this hotel. The complimentary breakfast and coffee were always plentiful and freely available, every staff member I interacted with was courteous and would even stop what they were doing to pay attention to me and give me eye contact (why is that so rare these days?) when I spoke, and the hotel was what you would expect from a fairly new building in the Hilton family of hotels. I should also add I am a light sleeper and sensitive to sound in general and not once did I hear anything above a peep from neighboring rooms.

I want to add a personal thanks and shout out for the service even after I'd checked out. Work moved me to a Hilton Garden Inn about 8 miles closer to the office and a UPS package for me arrived at the Hampton Inn 24 hours after I had checked out. The manager of the Hampton Inn personally delivered the package to the Hilton Garden Inn to be waiting for me when I arrived back from work that evening. She even included a piece of paperwork I had inadvertently left behind in my room which had financial information on it. Now THAT is service!

I cannot say enough about what a great hotel this is and how pleased I am with my entire long stay. I usually stay in Marriott family hotels when I travel but now I am seriously rethinking it.

Thank you Hampton Inn Waterloo!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Woodbury, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great hotel and value. Everything worked in the room, the room was very clean and the staff was great. The continental breakfast was as good as any I've had (for comparable hotels) and I enjoyed using the fitness center too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Batavia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our stay was wonderful from start to finish. The hotel is clean and very nice. The bed was very comfortable. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very nice. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dubuque, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I enjoy staying at this hotel because I can count on it being clean, friendly and efficient. I stay at many hotels in this price range in my travels and this is my favorite. It is not the fanciest nor the most expensive but it is my favorite because it is very consistent and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Marianna, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Very clean, safe and fairly new HAMPTON. A/C did not work and we had to be moved. I do think Hampton needs to upgrade their food items. Very handy location. Don't know what else to say. Nice cool pool after riding 630 miles on the bikes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Waterloo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Clean nice updated rooms. Great hot breakfast. And if you are in a hurry they also have a breakfast on the go bag for you. Fast and friendly staff at check-in. Overall the staff were all helpful and courteous. The pool and workout rooms were both in great shape and really clean, fully stocked with towels...The only thing I would change about my stay, is the complimentary wifi is very very slow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Alameda, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hotel was clean, comfortable and a good value. The staff is what makes me write this review. As a business traveler they went out of their way to help us. Last minute conference call? no problem..they gave us a meeting room and saved the day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterloo
Comfort Inn & Suites Waterloo
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterloo Cedar Falls
Days Inn & Suites Waterloo
Holiday Inn Express Waterloo
Hilton Garden Inn Cedar Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Cedar Falls
#1 of 14 in Cedar Falls
Candlewood Suites Waterloo-Cedar Falls

Been to Hampton Inn Waterloo? Share your experiences!