“3 generations together”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Waterloo
Hutchinson, Minnesota
“3 generations together”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My mom, one of my daughters and I met here for a weekend get together. Overall the hotel was fine, but the pool area was way over chlorinated to the point that you couldn't even be in the area, and there was some tournament group there that basically took over all common areas to where you felt like you were in their way. They had liquor in the common area while they were all eating dinner together, and the kids all ran back and forth from there to the pool area, and kept opening and shutting the door repeatedly. The area was good - close to lots of shopping and restaurants, and the room was clean and comfy. Would stay here again, but would ask in advance if there are any big events going on first!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Minnesota
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We arrived around 6pm on a Friday for our two night stay and found a nice quiet, clean hotel. This is actually the second time we have stayed here. On this stay we had reserved a suite with two queen beds and a pull out couch. The room was huge! It was also very clean. In the suite, we had a counter area near the door with a sink, microwave, fridge and small coffee maker. I'd suggest bringing a small bottle of dish soap if you'll be washing - we cleaned sippy cups each day. The hotel provides enough coffee to make two regular, and two decaf cups of coffee. In our experience, these were not refreshed during cleaning.

The room's desk area is large enough to eat at, and the wireless Internet worked great.

In the room you'll also get two small soaps, a tiny shampoo, tiny conditioner and tiny lotion. These were refreshed upon cleaning.

At 9pm we had an obnoxious group of high school wrestlers check in along with their cheerleaders. They were all on our floor, on the same wing. Over the top loud and doors slamming. At 9:30pm I told them to be quiet and at 10pm I had to go to the front desk. The front desk gal was sweet, offered to refund some money (which I didn't accept), but most of all took care of the problem. Not another high schooler yelling outside my door like a four year old. Good service. The following night was nice and quiet.

Each day the breakfast was filling and pretty extensive.

Great hotel option in Waterloo and will definately stay again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Jilliantraveler
West Des Moines
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We drove to Waterloo to visit my husband's aunt and see our grandaughter compete in a State meet. I was about 8 days post surgery and had underestimated my recovery time so had little patience or energy but there was no way we were going to miss this meet.
We had planned to arrive in town early enough to do a little shopping but by the time we got about half way through our trip I knew I wouldn't be up for anything but a nice soft bed in a quiet location. So I decided to call the hotel to I ask for no feather pillows or bedding (i forgot to handle this when i made the reservation originally) as well as an early check-in within less than 60 minutes of our arrival as well as significantly earlier than our scheduled check in time. They were happy to accommodate both of my requests as well as very helpful and eager to assist us throughout our stay.
We had comfortable & up to date accommodations. The lobby & our room were clean & well taken care of.
The complimentary breakfast had a nice selection of fresh, healthy, hot & cold options to choose from.
All in all we were very pleased & will return the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed December 2011
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Just off the highway and next to a huge Mall and Big Box stores.
Very nice folks - very clean - this is the spot for you

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Our family came to Waterloo to attend a wedding and this Hampton Inn property exceeded our expectations. The bride and groom had rooms blocked at another hotel chain closer to the reception site, but we decided to go with the Hampton Inn based on Trip Advisor ratings. Upon entering the hotel, I could tell that this was going to be an above-average Hampton Inn experience. The decor reminded me more of a Hilton than its economy sister hotel. The hobby had a nice breakfast area with a large flat screen TV. The space came in handy for some late night family card games. The free continental breakfast was fully stocked and sufficiently fresh. I also liked the fact that the breakfast buffet was not promptly shut down right at 10:00am. After a wedding reception the night before, it was nice to come down at 9:55am and still get a warm waffle. The hotel rooms had updated linens and the beds were fairly comfortable. I appreciated the marble countertops in the bathroom and the spacious shower. The service was helpful and attentive. We accidentally left our laptop charging cord in the lobby area and they hotel staff promptly had it shipped to us. We will stay here again when we are in the Waterloo area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This hotel was clean and convenient to major shopping and with a wide variety of restaurant choices. The breakfast buffet was good and the beds were comfortable and the staff was accommodating in our choice of room.

• Stayed October 2011
Peoria, IL
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had to stay overnight in Waterloo, IA, and made a reservation at the Hampton Inn based on TripAdvisor recommendations. I was pleasantly surprised as it was the best Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. The bed, TV and bathroom were all great. Breakfast and common areas nice, too. Location is good -- walking distance to restaurants and stores. This hotel has more of an upscale atmosphere than a typical Hampton Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo